What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bout an hour and a half into a two hour bowl put of my horace dejarnette billiard of 1999 buchanan's wellingtonsborough tinnEd by mcclelland.

Fantastic stuff. A hidden gem

GH Bob's chocolate flake , in my new St Pat's 05 fishtail breaking it in and lovely stuff , I love my new peterson smokes better than everything I own so far

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow BoB, I am smoking Picadilly from 2002 out of my rusticated Savinelli Rhodesian.

A bowl of Spilman Mixture in a Northern Briars Regal.
Doc

Earlier a bowl of Fillmore in a Castello Sea Rock 31, just now a nice bowl of LGF in my Stanwell Nordic Volcano. Peace-Mike :p

Oh yeah, last night I had a great inaugural smoke of a pipe I got at Pipetongue's Estate sale, an Ashton LX Pebble grain billiard. I recently got it back from BoB LL(George at Precision Pipe repair). LL did a great job rejuvenating it. I'll always think fondly of Pipetongue when I smoke this beauty. Peace-Mike :cheers:
panel_10.jpg

Bob's Choc Flake in my rusticated Savinelli Trevi and a hefty portion of Pyrat rum.

Presbyterian in a Rad squat tomato churchwarden,,,,they like each other,,,

Pressed some homegrown burley and Va with a touch of perique in October,,,about ready to slice a bit from the block and see if I'm a genius or not,,,,,

Old Limey Bastard in a Dunhill Bruyere bent billiard.

Earlier some LGF in a Dunnie shell billiard, just now some 07' Escudo in a big Ardor Rocciata. Peace-Mike :tongue:

Yesterday it was some Dan's Blue Note in my Kaywoodie while I mowed the lawn. That was a very good smoke for a number of reasons.

I was going through my collection of pipes looking for one suitable for clenching while I mowed the lawn. Normally I smoke aromatics in either my meer (which I couldn't risk dropping from my teeth) or my Nording signature (way too big for clenching). However, I had an estate Kaywoodie in my odds-and-ends tub, one which I had tossed in there after a very unsatisfying experience with it. But, it was light, relatively unghosted and I didn't care if the Blue Note ghosted it.

I loved it! It smoked very well with no issues, minimal relights, and it was the first time I managed to smoke all the way to the bottom of the bowl. It didn't overheat once, something I've had chronic problems with. This was my first bowl after reading the advice to "pack looser than you think you need to." It was such an excellent experience I'm looking for more Kaywoodie estates to add to my collection.

I also met my next-door neighbour for the first time. She walked up to the hedge between the yards and introduced herself and her young daughter. I took my pipe in hand, ready for some comment about smoking, but no, she just wanted to introduce herself and have a pleasant conversation.

---

Today , it was some East India Co. from Burlington on Whyte in Edmonton, Alberta, in my meer. Very nice, sweet aromatic, could really smell and taste the coconut this time. Also, a very nice tobacco; it reminded me a touch of some of the pipe blends with cigar leaf in them, that nice leatherly cigar smell. Wife and daughter approved.

Escudo Navy DeLuxe in my Comoy rusticated Prince along with a splash of Sailor Jerry.
Listening to the local AA team on the static laden am radio. Heaven.

Jazzman":ya0lk426 said:
z-fog":ya0lk426 said:
Met with the Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club yesterday and smoked more tobacco than I could list. Today is a bit easier, I smoked some EMP this morning, a bowl of Billy Budd around lunch and am about to head out for a bowl of Stonehaven out of a '70 Dunnie Zulu.

Zac, it was good to have you. I left before the target shooting started but it 's always a good time at the SHPC. Peace-Mike :cheers:
It was good to be had! Looking forward to going next month.

Today I smoked some Condor, and finished the day with a bowl of Dark Birdseye.

Status
Not open for further replies.