What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The clouds have set in and the temperature is reasonable again. Burley London Blend in my Golden Duke.

Middleton's Cherry in a MM Country Gentleman

Just finished a bowl of haunted bookshop. Ive had the can for five years now, and it has aged well. I paired it with a cup of Earl Grey. Good night all.

Best brown flake in a Dunhill poker. Third bowl of BBF in this pipe today and it's getting better each time :cheers:

Robusto in a Radice Rind. Not trying for alliteration, it just happened. Actually, I'm trying to smoke down my open tins, I've got too many open these days.

It's the night of the Moon Festival, and I'm watching the risen full moon with a bowl of Orient 996 in my Spitfire, in a repeat of early this morning.

Early morning, for me these days, it's a cool 57 deg, not a cloud in the sky, heavy dew, a beautiful full moon, seven or eight geese heading south.
G&H Rum Flake in a MM Cob.

Life is good.

Bill

Sterling's American Patriot in a Jobey Band billiard. A beautiful pipe smoking "thinking" morning. I'm reflecting on the show last evening in Tampa. My definition for it = Pandering to the party faithful. Not really presidential.....just a pandering show. I hope I can watch a good action movie tonight. Tough guys making tough decisions. I need a guy seeking the White House like George Clooney in 3 Kings. That is a presidential candidate I would like to see debating Obama. That would be an intelligent presidential debate. Pandering, we mistake for debate sucks. We need a good debate. That is the only way we can make a real choice for the best future. My pipe and Jack Peterson's blends keep me focused and issues of importance in perspective. First smoke in the AM and last in the PM are important thinking times about serious issues for me.

s.ireland":yb6azeml said:
Best brown flake in a Dunhill poker. Third bowl of BBF in this pipe today and it's getting better each time :cheers:
I love this stuff too!! I have a small jar with about 4 oz stashed away here. Maybe I'll get back to it soon.

Having my ususal PS Bullseye in a Dunnie with coffee!

LIPIPE":bs1il1a7 said:
Sterling's American Patriot in a Jobey Band billiard. A beautiful pipe smoking "thinking" morning. I'm reflecting on the show last evening in Tampa. My definition for it = Pandering to the party faithful. Not really presidential.....just a pandering show. I hope I can watch a good action movie tonight. Tough guys making tough decisions. I need a guy seeking the White House like George Clooney in 3 Kings. That is a presidential candidate I would like to see debating Obama. That would be an intelligent presidential debate. Pandering, we mistake for debate sucks. We need a good debate. That is the only way we can make a real choice for the best future. My pipe and Jack Peterson's blends keep me focused and issues of importance in perspective. First smoke in the AM and last in the PM are important thinking times about serious issues for me.
Earlier The Bankers by Fox in a Becker Bulldog. Now Tuskegee Airman in a Bonfiglioli Hawkbill. Heaven!

Marty - I watched the debate, too. I agree about the pandering issue, but they all do that on both sides of the fence. I think the problem was that all the candidates were so ideologically aligned that there wasn’t much to debate about! I’m looking for a debate where they take off the gloves and go at it. However, for that to happen, you have to have candidates on either side of the issues. It just wasn’t so last night. Perhaps we’ll have to wait until the presidential debates between the two parties.

In the meantime, I’m just going to enjoy my pipe!

Good points John. I look forward to an intelligent and meaningful debate. This country and the entire world depend upon and deserve the very best candidates that this country can produce. A president must be comfortable and be effective in the world arena. I don't see any of the candidates last evening having command of the world arena.

While not a Republican I hope to see a great Republican candidate to be presented so that there is a real choice of presidential gravitas. Barak Obama needs an opponent that approaches his level of intelligence and thoughtfulness in order for the American people to have a genuine choice for their vote. My sincere hope is for obstructionist party strategies to end and the realization that intelligent, thoughtful and meaningful debate would evolve resulting in a coming together of policy that advances the critical needs of this nation. None of us, Democrat nor Republican citizens are better off if our governmental process is fibrillating. Our president whoever it is needs the support and the cooperation of all of us to be successful for all of us in a very lonely job. As I smoke my pipe my thoughts are that we are all exercising our right of free speech and simultaneously failing to coalesce from a legislative standpoint to support our elected president and to move this country forward. We are unfortunately in stalemate mode. This is a serious and critical state of affairs. If a patient were in a hospital bed in this condition you can bet that Code 99 would be called and a crash cart and resuscitation team would be responding. Saving a life is not a game and neither is running a country.

By the way, I'm smoking BCA/Bestmake 50/50 and thinking clearly.

LIPIPE":sdltrkr1 said:
Good points John. I look forward to an intelligent and meaningful debate. This country and the entire world depend upon and deserve the very best candidates that this country can produce. A president must be comfortable and be effective in the world arena. I don't see any of the candidates last evening having command of the world arena.

While not a Republican I hope to see a great Republican candidate to be presented so that there is a real choice of presidential gravitas. Barak Obama needs an opponent that approaches his level of intelligence and thoughtfulness in order for the American people to have a genuine choice for their vote. My sincere hope is for obstructionist party strategies to end and the realization that intelligent, thoughtful and meaningful debate would evolve resulting in a coming together of policy that advances the critical needs of this nation. None of us, Democrat nor Republican citizens are better off if our governmental process is fibrillating. Our president whoever it is needs the support and the cooperation of all of us to be successful for all of us in a very lonely job. As I smoke my pipe my thoughts are that we are all exercising our right of free speech and simultaneously failing to coalesce from a legislative standpoint to support our elected president and to move this country forward. We are unfortunately in stalemate mode. This is a serious and critical state of affairs. If a patient were in a hospital bed in this condition you can bet that Code 99 would be called and a crash cart and resuscitation team would be responding. Saving a life is not a game and neither is running a country.

By the way, I'm smoking BCA/Bestmake 50/50 and thinking clearly.
Yep, I agree. Our Forefathers envisioned rigorous debate among opposing views. But they also knew that decisions had to be made in a timely manner for the benefit of our young nation. There were plenty of heated debates among the signers of the Declaration of Independence. Plenty of hard feelings. Even name calling. But they got the job done and went on to create a nation. Our politicians pale by comparison. It’s become what’s best for the party instead of what’s best for the country. Instead of focusing on hard issues, half of their elected time is spent on ways to get re-elected. Both parties. Both sides of the aisle. They’re crazier than The Crazy World of Arthur Brown!

Hey, I got it! We should start a movement to make all elected government officials pipe smokers! They’ll think more clearly after smoking a virginia blend with a bit of latakia in it in an Italian or English or Danish briar!

Smoking Maltese Falcon in a bent Castello and enjoying the hell out of it!

I seem to be on an Orient 996 kick, and it's in my Spitfire again. I should probably try the stuff in other pipes, too.

The presidential election discussion probably merits its own thread, wouldn't you say? While the 75% of what's said here makes me happy, the 25% that I would dispute (usually in the same post) puts me off my smoke, and I participate in this thread to relax. Relaxation and camaraderie on one hand, earnest political discussion on the other: both are meaningful and important undertakings, but to my mind, they don't mix.

Edit - As I wrote that, I recall reading about times and places where they did mix, but that's certainly not been true in my lifetime, in my situations...and I may have been reading something semi-fictional. You don't often hear about all those late, quiet nights in Victorian smoking rooms that erupt into bloody brawls, save perhaps in murder mysteries.

Been Doing some painting on the outside of the house, just had supper now I m thinking of trying some of my new Boswell tobacco...Raspberry Cream, I guess I just need to figure out what pipe to take out of the cabinet.

Home from watching the Chelsea game... Celebrating the win with some LGF!!!

s.ireland":h1xm9onu said:
Chelsea?!
I'm glad Torres is in the squad for the Champions League, and starting to contribute. I still like him, even though he's a traitor!

Harlock999":7oqe5h2o said:
s.ireland":7oqe5h2o said:
Chelsea?!
I'm glad Torres is in the squad for the Champions League, and starting to contribute. I still like him, even though he's a traitor!
Haha. I was glad to see him involved with both of those goals.. Maybe people will stop talking smack about him not scoring yet. Did he score? No. Would those goals have happened without him? Absolutely not! Both were great but the one he gave to Mata was poetic. Torres could have taken the shot but he made a beautiful pass instead--a true team player and a smart striker knows when to give it up to someone in a better position to score. I was very happy with the way they played today. An encore performance from the Sunderland victory!

And now I am smoking some Stonehaven in a group 3 bulldog :cheers:

Relaxing on the balcony with the threat of rain overhead. Enjoying Key Largo in a bent Castello and a cup of French Roast. Reading a newspaper article on the recent upsurge of acute anticipatory coping skills when dealing with aversion therapy as a result of the external stimuli of the advent of the current election cycle. Very interesting reading.

I'm at home while my sprinkler system is watering down the weeds I pour tons of money into to get some grass. The birds are bathing in the spray and I'm enjoying a bowl of Salmon River (can't find it on Tobacco Reviews/ but found it on Park Lane site; see below) given to me by a friend. It arrived in a baggie from Park Lane Tobacconist so I guess it's a B&M blend. Quite good I must report. Some guys just have all the luck. Reading such interesting articles as mentioned above is just the right stuff to set records straight. I need to save a personal copy of the material for future reference. Very interesting to say the least!

PS. found after posting.....A complex aromatic blend whose formula is a trade secret! Virginia and Cavendish tobaccos are combined with vanilla, coffee and maple flavorings for a unique and mild all day blend. Perfect for a day out on the river or stream!

Status
Not open for further replies.