What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting with the first bowl of my 5 year plus aged tobacco retrospective courtesy of Natch!! I've decided to start with the newest and work my way backwards.

First up:

LJ Heart Virginia Sept 2006

I´m smoking it in my Savinelli Canadian Oscar. I bought this pipe new in 1989 and is one of my more dependable pipes.

A Vaper for sure but the Perique is not overbearing. Just a little spice in the background- just enough to tickle your nose, lol! The first thing I noticed is a sweet and somewhat musty feel (not bad though). There is a mellow quality to the flavor. Not in your face kind of taste that, say, Irish Oak has for example. It stays pretty consistent throughout the bowl. I'll have another later and get further impressions.

Pembroke, in group 4 saddle billiard. Tasty!
Between a plate of sausages, Earl Grey tea, and the Pembroke, I'm in flavorville!
Cheers!

PH Special Curly in a Pete Supreme x220 while waiting for the barbeque fire to burn down.

Black Russian in my self made DS Chubby nose warmer. Since this was a first smoke for this pipe, it started out irratic for the first ten minutes. The next 35 minutes were a pleasure. No relights until the end of the bowl.
028.jpg

McBaren HH Acadian Perique in a Sasieni Ruff Root Canadian.

This blend has grown on me. Not an all-star of the Vaper league but it´s a nice, easy, dependable smoke. I've been reaching for it a lot lately.

Muddler":pzzsbq51 said:
PH Special Curly in a Pete Supreme x220 while waiting for the barbeque fire to burn down.
Special Curly is superb. I have been very into it for the last few months...

But right now, Stonehaven in a group 3 poker. Mmmm....

I just finished a bowl of Frog Morton on the Bayou in my M.M. Legend. This is my fifth session with a Perique blend and first time trying it in a cob. The aftertaste isn't bad, but that's about all. I guess I'll try it in my Missouri Pride next time.

I am smoking Lane BC-A, since I'm somewhat of a noob it is currently my favorite and what I smoke most often.

Took the dog for a walk with some Bullseye flake in a group 3 bulldog (took both dogs for a walk, I guess)

Now onto some Best Brown in a Dunhill poker. Life is good :cheers:

The last of the LJ Heart Virginia in a Charatan. I´m having it first thing today with some tasty coffee 8) from a french press.

BnB in a MM Diplomat--cooler on the porch today--watching the birds as i enjoy

Three Oaks Syrian in a Ser Jacopo tapered billiard. Evening all.

Status
Not open for further replies.