What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some JKP in my avatar Bos CW....aside...well, need I say?

Gatlinburlier's Newfound blend in my new Pete. It has a room note of a sugar cookie. The wife likes it!

After being stuck in traffic for almost three hours, I'm relaxing with some Squadron Leader in a Bjarne bulldog.

Hitting some Gentleman Jack from The Humidor in San Antonio Texas in a Estella 619 ex

Just got home from hanging out at my buddy's cigar shop all day... While I was there I smoked a Rocky Vintage 2003 Cameroon wrapper Churchill. Pretty damn good.

He recently acquired a bunch of old tins of various baccy and was generous enough to gift me a very old sealed tin of OGS. Man oh man, just popped it open and it is dark and smells like a fine burgundy or merlot. It has aged very well. Mellow, sweet and less citrus than a new tin. Its a completely different beast with some serious age on it and I have to say that I enjoy it much more

Crisp, dry morning, perfect for Penzance. In a Bjarne.
Earl Grey on the side.

Preparing to light up some GH Sweet Whisky Rope (first rope I've tried) in one of my small church wardens -- if I'm never heard from again, you'll know it was stronger than I thought it would be.

Broke out of my box a little bit and did some experimenting: GH Rum Flake in an Il Duca bulldog. The last time I tried this blend it knocked me sideways, but now, with a little time on it, it's much mellowed. I did forget all about the Lakeland soap however...

DrT999":t369m2ak said:
Preparing to light up some GH Sweet Whisky Rope (first rope I've tried) in one of my small church wardens -- if I'm never heard from again, you'll know it was stronger than I thought it would be.
I know what you mean!
Write back with your experience, if you're able...

Harlock999":7lbv7ooq said:
DrT999":7lbv7ooq said:
I know what you mean!
I think I must be an N wimp, considering how dizzy I was. :affraid: But the taste was actually quite nice -- strong Virginias, whiskey & mild Lakelands ,and the room note was (to me) pleasant; a nice combo. I'll try another bowl tonight, but I won't be smoking this while driving. :lol!:

DrT999":il9atkgl said:
Harlock999":il9atkgl said:
DrT999":il9atkgl said:
I know what you mean!
I think I must be an N wimp, considering how dizzy I was. :affraid: But the taste was actually quite nice -- strong Virginias, whiskey & mild Lakelands ,and the room note was (to me) pleasant; a nice combo. I'll try another bowl tonight, but I won't be smoking this while driving. :lol!:
GH's Rum Flake used to do me in pretty good, but I tried it again this morning and it was nice. Seems to have lost some of it's edge over the last year. Still soapy tho...

St. James Flake in a Savinelli Milano. I managed to score several tins on a recent business trip. :cheers: , including 3 tins from '06. Life is good. Now, if I could just get more Kingfisher.

I just realized this is my first pipe of autumn, maybe my first smoke of autumn. With that in mind, I went for my favorite: Burley London Blend, and had it in my Golden Duke as I watched the almost-full moon over the lake. I was hoping to see a Draconid or two, but sorry, no meteors tonight. The moon and the sky were just too bright. I might check again later.

Sipping some Escudo in my L'Anatra diplomat with some suds in a glass...

Status
Not open for further replies.