What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Muddler":0q0lxmbr said:
FVF in an Orlik billiard.
Muddler, it was a FVF kind of afternoon for me as well. Enjoyed a bowl of a three year old vintage in my Peterson Shamrock.

-Scott

1st try of Glengarry Flake, in a straight basket briar.

1st impression, certainly not a typical Lakeland (barely a hint) or overly-sweet heavily cased aromatic -- a very gentle aro, with the virginias really overcoming the casing about 2/3 through this pipeful. Medium N, pleasant. I'll see how well that impression holds up. . . .

2015 in a GBD prehistoric billiard on my lunch hour
119700b3.jpg

Sturman’s Highland Whiskey in a no name Rhodesian with a teardrop shaped shank. (I would call it a bulldog but the bowl is too tall.)

MisterE":5pphzkd5 said:
GLP Embarcadero in a Dunhill. I loooove this stuff!
E! I always value your opinion because, as you previously observed, our tastes are quite similar. I have two tins of Embarcadero waiting to be popped but I'm trying to wait until at least the 2 year make on one... Which would be like next February haha. Between you and Yak constantly praising it I may not make it! In your opinion does it require a bit of time in the tin or should I just go for it?

I'm having some Chelsea Morning in a group 3 Dunhill Cumberland Liverpool

s.ireland":2ejmsoku said:
MisterE":2ejmsoku said:
GLP Embarcadero in a Dunhill. I loooove this stuff!
E! I always value your opinion because, as you previously observed, our tastes are quite similar. I have two tins of Embarcadero waiting to be popped but I'm trying to wait until at least the 2 year make on one... Which would be like next February haha. Between you and Yak constantly praising it I may not make it! In your opinion does it require a bit of time in the tin or should I just go for it?

I'm having some Chelsea Morning in a group 3 Dunhill Cumberland Liverpool
I think you'll really like this one. It's kind of a special blend that I can't compare anything to easily. It's not a sweet sort of Virginia, and the Oriental is subtle enough that you won't say "oriental blend" either. I say open one, and leave the other on the shelf. FTW.

Another cool morning! Starting an early day with my usual bowl of Virginia #27 in a nice grp3 sized GBD Virgin SB Straight Bulldog. My "new" Stanwell Pot get's here today !!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Peterson Irish Flake in a Peterson Donegal Rocky 221 (from when they still made them with a sterling silver band). Potent weed in a small bowl pipe.

MisterE":g1yfcotn said:
Buenos días señores. Estoy fumando GLP Sextant en mi pipa billiard Dunhill de 1975.
How are you liking that Sextant? Some have mentioned that the Lat has a supporting role an is not up front for those of us that aren't into that sort of thing :) And I've decided to open one of my Embarcadero tins as soon as I finish the last few bowls of some stuff I have open already

Just got back from walking the dog with a bowl of Scottish flake in this Ser Jacopo Picta
a420be86.jpg

It's true, Sextant is not Lat forward at all. In fact, while it's there, it's not really on your mind while you smoke it. It's definitely not and "English blend" as I've come to think of them either. It has a deeper sweet (not lemony) matured Virginia/Burley vibe to it. Perhaps this is the rum topping coming into play? Mrs. E announced that it really stinks so that's a true endorsement in my book. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.