What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS Luxury Twist Flake, courtesy of Brewdog, in my BC Anniversary Horn. Paired with a Woodford Reserve mint julep. Delicious, but also proof that this pipe isn't destined to be a Virgina-dedicated piece as I'd originally intended--too narrow and deep a bowl for proper fold-and-stuff flake smoking. That realization notwithstanding, a wonderful smoke--thanks again, Brewdog!

Holiday Spirit in my MM bent cob Diplomat, followed by Maltese Falcon in my Boswell Freehand Billiard. The Falcon is quickly becoming one of favorite Latakia blends. Really well done mixture.

St Bruno flake in a (different from this morning's) basket mini-churchwarden

Started the day with some Virginia Woods in a BBB Sterling Pot now going to have my first bowl of the day of Royal Blend in an S&R Lovat.

Rattray's Hal O' the Wynd in a Peterson Donegal Rocky 221 bent billiard (my avatar pipe), accompanied by a small snifter of Drambuie. Scottish style weed (although not produced in Scotland any more) in an Irish pipe, with Scottish liquor. Will definately put hair on your yoni. :twisted:

FVF.

Pipe is a Bewlay Special billiard. Bewlay was an English chain outfit like Puff-&-Brouse and the Tinderbox was here during the same period. Their pipes were Barling (some say, also Chatatan) over-production they put their name on. I suppose this one was a Barling, but I don't care enough to look up the shape number to confirm that.

What I do know is that, with an LL lucite re-stem, it makes FVF 20% sweeter than it tastes in any other pipe here.

:face:

atwageman":qtlrbhf6 said:
Hamborger Veermaster in Edward's billiard
Right up my alley on both counts!

Perique spiked McClelland 5100 (red cake) in a Missouri Meerschaum cherry wood.

My last bowl of the day, Dunhill Royal Yacht in an Edwards tanshell bent bulldog.

Yak":7d5chugg said:
FVF.

Pipe is a Bewlay Special billiard. Bewlay was an English chain outfit like Puff-&-Brouse and the Tinderbox was here during the same period. Their pipes were Barling (some say, also Chatatan) over-production they put their name on. I suppose this one was a Barling, but I don't care enough to look up the shape number to confirm that.

What I do know is that, with an LL lucite re-stem, it makes FVF 20% sweeter than it tastes in any other pipe here.

:face:
When I was around 12 I remember accompanying my dad on a trip to a Tinderbox. He bought an unstained, unvarnished poker from a basket. It was unusual in that instead of the bowl having a straight cylindrical shape, it was barrel shaped. I remember him mentioning that although it had no nomenclature, he strongly suspected that it was a Charatan second, based on aesthetics, scale and other characteristics. Eventually it colored beautifully and became his favorite pipe. I wish I had it.

Tonight it's Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard in a MM Straight Diplomat. This is a truly sublime Latakia blend by the way.

FVF in my J. Alan billiard. I got lucky with this jar from 2008 it's one of the better batches of FVF I've had :cheers:

Next up will probably be some well-aged Cumberland in a Dunhill Cumberland pot

On my first bowl of Royal Yacht in an Edwards squat bulldog. This stuff is getting addictive :cheers:

Breaking in my new MM Diplomat with Louisiana Flake

Status
Not open for further replies.