What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rolled out of bed. I'm only halfway through my coffee...

You guys decide for me!!

Orlik Golden Sliced in a Tsuge Tomato
----OR-----
Carter Hall in Sebastian Beo....???

If no response in 5 minutes, I'm flipping a coin.

Mick McQuaid plug in my falcon, while it's cool outside!

TheSmokeamater":94cd4zrc said:

You guys decide for me!!

----OR-----

Carter Hall with the rest of the coffee, or Golden Slices on its own!

Happy morning pipe!:face:

DrT999":0xr7rl3a said:
TheSmokeamater":0xr7rl3a said:

You guys decide for me!!

----OR-----

Carter Hall with the rest of the coffee, or Golden Slices on its own!

Happy morning pipe!:face:
I'm plan on a second coffee, so Carter Hall it shall be! Thank you!

Being a fan of Lakeland Flakes and a good aromatic flavor I decided to load up a bowl of Mixture 79 which I haven't smoked in a long time. Despite all the negative comments I Still enjoy this blend that I first smoked in high school 46 years ago!! Yes, I do dedicate certain pipes to these blends. If you like aromatics at times and like the soapy flavor as I do give it a try.

docwatson":icghvlzc said:
Being a fan of Lakeland Flakes and a good aromatic flavor I decided to load up a bowl of Mixture 79 which I haven't smoked in a long time. Despite all the negative comments I Still enjoy this blend that I first smoked in high school 46 years ago!! Yes, I do dedicate certain pipes to these blends. If you like aromatics at times and like the soapy flavor as I do give it a try.
I enjoy it too. There! I've said it!

I will not post lengthy quotes from other sites very often, but this is such a fine review I feel the need to share it.

From Tobaccoreviews.com......
Reviewed By: Date: Strength: Flavoring: Taste: Room Note: Recommendation:
A. Morley Jaques 05/05/2004 Mild Very Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
It would seem that it is to be my lot to take some kind of sick joy in all of these blends that are either passed over or outright hated by so many others. I like Mixture No. 79, you see. Like is the opperative word here. I love Prince Albert, I love Grousemoore; at times, though, and not infrequently, 79 suits me right down to the ground. My severe burley fixation is most likely a governing factor herein. I have always liked the quality and cut of burley employed by H. Sutliff, having, as it does, a softer, seemingly mor herbal note than that of many other drugstore brands.
That infamous casing that is so feared by so many others about, while not in keeping with modern and conventional tastes, is both complex and masterly. It is at once like unto the flavor found in many old style candies and that perfumish, eighteenth century style of blending only found today in those blends of a truly ancient pedigree. I have smoked this in a clay many a time, in fact. I love how I will, throughout the bowlful, get just the first hint of a Captian Black sort of sweetness which will then fast give over to the floral notes that are in such fine blends as Bourbon Street. By golly, what's good enough for Hef is good enough for me. Let's hope that he will soon come back to the fold, whatever blend he should choose.

Granted, this is easily induced to smoke hot and a little wet at times. I would be interested to see how it would perform in a pipe with a filter, Medico, 9mm., or otherwise.

Regards,

A. Morley Jaques

Off to try C+D 3 Friars for the first time, in a no-name mini-churchwarden

@Smokeamater,
Thanks for posting the review, now there's 3 of us that own up to enjoying good old mixture 79 :lol!:

Just filled a bowl of Pease Sextant in a Becker sandblast pot using Dr. Fred Hanna's air pocket method of filling which works like magic.

Finishing the day with my 5th bowl. Been smoking Royal Blend all day and now have this bowl filled with Royal Yacht in an older BBB Sterling Pot from 1969. Having it with some Chicorey Cofee ala Louisianne, w/cream amd sugar for my "desert" tonight !

Frog Morton on the Town in the afternoon, followed by G&H Rum Flake. Excellent smoking today.

McC's 2015 flake in a J. Alan lovat

Looks like its going to be a long night so after this bowl I'm going to have some Embarcadero in a GBD billiard :)

Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard in a newly acquired HUMONGOUS Nording Freehand courtesy of Brother Sirsmokesalot. This is one man in stinkin' pipe paradise on a Long Island rainy morning. Breakfast is a bit delayed due to the size of this bowl. As a matter of fact, this is the breakfast of champions.

Marty,
You're more of a man than I am because I need some food/breakfast before I light up my first bowl.
Sounds like that Nording is a hefty briar!! Probably a two hour smoke?
Started sunny here in Maine but clouding over now. Time for me to light up and it's Pease Sextant blend in an Ashton apple. Hope you're enjoying the Ole Limey Bastard blend.
AC

Status
Not open for further replies.