What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc: You certainly know your pipes. This is a two hour (more with Penzance) smoke at least. What a bowl for sure. I gravitate to large pipes. If a bowl is done before I am, I'm disappointed because I always smoke what I really like.

Squadron Leader in a cob, a large bulldog with a 14k gold plated band from MM!!!

Nothing, had a tough time the other day. Then the humidity shot to 90+ for 2 days.

Had a half bowl of Bacca on a newspaper on the deck for 2 days, Still at least as wet as when I got it out!!

Supposed to get better in a day or so, maybe then. :evil:

tech2576":22xf81wm said:
Nothing, had a tough time the other day. Then the humidity shot to 90+ for 2 days.

Had a half bowl of Bacca on a newspaper on the deck for 2 days, Still at least as wet as when I got it out!!

That stinks! Have you tried putting a few bowls worth on a plate and zapping it in the microwave for a few seconds? Sounds crazy but it works! Not sure if it would help you actually smoke in those humid conditions. Last year while visiting family in IN I gave up trying to smoke outside! Too damn humid. But turns out my Aunt likes the smell of Escudo so I was permitted to smoke in the kitchen

Right now I'm having some more Embarcadero in a Larsen Canadian
8495f3ff.jpg

s.ireland":6pnnttru said:
tech2576":6pnnttru said:

That stinks! Have you tried putting a few bowls worth on a plate and zapping it in the microwave for a few seconds? Sounds crazy but it works! Not sure if it would help you actually smoke in those humid conditions. Last year while visiting family in IN I gave up trying to smoke outside! Too damn humid. But turns out my Aunt likes the smell of Escudo so I was permitted to smoke in the kitchen

Right now I'm having some more Embarcadero in a Larsen Canadian
8495f3ff.jpg
No, have not tried that. If things don't improve tomorrow I may give it a go.

Some Mclelland 2015 spiked with an additional 15% perique, courtesy of Brewdude, in a rusticated Lloyd's Century Old Briar bulldog with lucite stem. This stuff might be a wee bit fierce for me, but the Laphroaig Ten Year is helping mellow the beast. Thanks, Brewdude!

Oooooh, those are a couple of beauts, s.ireland--very nice!

Some afternoon sweet on a cloudy,stormy summer afternoon in N. Texas! A bowl of 2009 Blackwoods Flake in a BBB Sterling Pot. A perfect grp 4 size to let all these sweet Va's sing :p

Humidity is back to near normal. first bowl in a couple days... Squadron Leader in a Nording freehand.
Got a little gurgle, which is not the norm for that pipe, maybe the briar still needs a day or 2 to adjust?

Drying out a bowl of '08 McClelland Dark Star right now. My first go at ketchup tobacco!
For all the guys that have not tried this stuff, all the talk is true. Smells like ketchup, looks like jerky. :lol:

Another fine bowl of 2015 w/15% extra perique in my Wiley Rhody last night. Over an hour of pleasure! Looks like this is my go-to right now!

Got some more drying out right now for another after supper treat!

:cyclops:

Cheers,

RR

Carter Hall in a Brebbia Iceberg used primarily for MacB LBB. Cool smoking pipe, cool smoking bacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.