What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...early this AM, a bowl of 3 Nuns from 1982 in my Old West Dublin...

Blockade Runner in a bent cob retrofitted with a Walker Forever stem. That is a sippin' tobacco.

...this afternoon, Escudo in my 1966 Dunhill straight billiard...

Another run at Storm Front. This is a serviceable burley mixture. It doesn't quite have me under its spell yet but I seem to be getting more and more from it with each attempt.

It is raining like a cow p'in on a sidewalk. Sitting under cover with some McConnells Scottish Flake in a bent Butz Choquin freehand. Tossing the frisbeefor my Golden Retriever.

Earlier - '05 Wessex Burley in my Sav 1/2 bent billiard "David's Choice".

Right now - P&W #78 in my trusty Maestro Poker.

Next up - 5100 in a Stanny Legends 19.

After that we'll see.....

Cheers,

RR

...A very Warm and Humid evening here...enjoying a bowl of St. Bruno Flake in my Brebbia First Tan Calabash...

FVF in an old Bewlay Special billiard (LL stem). Fine combo.

Lot of FVF lately ; mostly because the little that remains of the Embarcadero in the working jar is tag end little pieces (seriously sub-optimum because they're tough (i.e., impossible) to keep off the bottom of the bowl, where they absorb moisture and necessitate the stop-&-go syndrome (i.e., stop to let it dry out and resume 'til it's time to stop again). I kind of wish Embarcadero came sliced like FVF ; then again, maybe that would ruin it (?)

:face:

...up early, fixing smoked pork and backribs, for today's celebration with a bowl of "my own mixture" of Virginia-perique-turkish in a 1951 Kaywoodie straight grain billiard...

No fireworks tonight due to the very dry conditions so in honor of America's birthday, we'll keep a pipe and fine selection of tobaccos going throughout the day! :)

Good Morning Fellas....and Happy 4th smokes. I'm continuing to break in a new Eric Nording courtesy of bro Sirsmokesalot and man is this a special pipe. A full bowl of Penzance is a three hour event but a half bowl is the average 90 minute pleasure. This morning I'm burning a bowl of Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard and it is stinkin' heaven. The only problem with a Nording is the same problem I have with potato chips. Can't have just one so now I'm on the hunt for another. For me a Nording pipe has been a discovery. Can't say enough about how great a smoke in this pipe can be. No better way to be out in the country or around town clenching this baby. It gets you noticed in a crowd and it says volumes about the man behind it. If you get one my advice is to always carry a BIC butane lighter along with your Zippo. It's a loooong way down to the bottom of this bowl and relights toward the end of a smoke require the ability to get a flame way down inside a man cave.

London Mixture in a Castello pot.
Earl Grey on the side.
God save the Queen!

...well, besides the Boston Butt and backribs, a bowl of Revor Plug in my Castello panel billiard, and to top it off, a Laphroaig on the rocks!
CHEERS AMERICA!!! :D

...now finishing the evening with a bowl of Condor Long Cut in my Ben Wade rusticated billiard with a cup of Earl Grey Tea...a mighty fine end to this day of celebration!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.