What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...this evening, as the byline states, "when a feller needs a friend" a bowl of 1985 tin of HOW Briggs pipe mixture in a 1958 group 4 Dunhill straight shell billiard... :cheers:

“The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected.”-William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Social Pipe

3 Oaks Syrian in a Castello Old Antiquari #33 tonight... These tins came in yesterday & I was pretty excited to light up a bowl. I'm noticing more sweet VAs here compared to the McC Wilderness I tried a couple nights ago.

Castello3OaksSyrian.jpg

physiognomy":zlx1f4o1 said:
3 Oaks Syrian in a Castello Old Antiquari #33 tonight... These tins came in yesterday & I was pretty excited to light up a bowl. I'm noticing more sweet VAs here compared to the McC Wilderness I tried a couple nights ago.

Castello3OaksSyrian.jpg
Wow! What a killer Castello! It's not everyday that a Castello cathes my fancy but that one is a seriously handsome pipe! No doubt it smokes superbly :cheers:

I've been considering 3 Oaks Syrian for sometime. I don't dedicate too much of my time or budget to Latakia blends so it's rare for me to buy new lat blends to try. I have enjoyed several of McClellands Syrian blends in the past...

A rare three-pipes (back-to-back) evening (Steeler game) 8)

Union Square / "Made in Denmark" straight billiard ;

Union Square / "Puff-&-Brouse Collection" straight pear ;

Embarcadero / Parker "Straightgrain A" straight billiard.

All 3 old-timers ; 1st & 3rd w/ LL re-stems.

Number of cleaners during : 0.

:face:
:cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:
CELEBRATING THE ARRIVAL OF NUMBER SEVEN

Just finished my last bowl of Aurora in a Charatan Special Pot. :cry: But I should get my re-order of Aurora on Saturday :cheers:

Stonehaven out to dry. Will be firing up soon in my Luna Churchwarden

IMAG1398-1.jpg

winterland":keq7t525 said:
Stonehaven out to dry. Will be firing up soon in my Luna Churchwarden
:cheers: :cheers:

Btw that Stonehaven only had like two years on it... Of all the bags I've had, some are just super dark

Sherlock Holmes in a black, sandblasted bent Parker apple on this cold and windy day down here in the south of Africa.

...this afternoon, a bowl of Warrior Plug in a Castello P&T 2000 POY straight sea rock billiard... :cheers:

“Pipe smoking is not a habit…but a way of life”…PeterD

Most recently:

Ashton Black Parrot (2000) in a Peterson 264 Father's Day pipe.

then: GLP Meridian in a Dunhill Shell Cutty.

The last of my Elizabethan Mixture :( in a large rustic bent basket briar

Yo Yak, get a pic up of the new kitty!
Got the picture taken, Mr. E., but can't find the cable that connects to camera to the computer. Once we find that, I'll e-mail it to you & you can post it if you like. Cute little bugger.

Tonight, FVF in a lane-era Charatan 2109 Special (bbd). Lucite replacement stem. Traded Frenchy a Dunhill Root billiard & a Barling for it, years ago, & glad I did.

:cheers:

:face:
:cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

...this evening, a bowl of Condor Long Cut in an S&R 1/8 bent billiard... :cheers:

“Well, it keeps my hands busy, and my mouth shut.”-Exile

Starting the long weekend with a large bowl of Stokkebye's LNF in a S&R freehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.