What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting off the day the current Three Nuns tinned version in a medium bent straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera.

Altadis Peach Cobbler in a MM Gentleman cob with Gevalia coffee and a little cream on the back porch at dawn. Sky overcast and the temperature 49 degrees F with a slight northwestardly breeze. Blissful contemplation. :star:

Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream in a Pete 221. Dream combo for me! :cheers: :cheers:

Fraternally

Jers

Dorchester in my trusty 1970s Peterson System Standard 305.

Dark Flake Unscented in a smooth 1984 Fero Danese Italy small calabash shape.

Onyx in a 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 Rhodesian. I dedicated this pipe to English blends and some how (this not a complaint, mind you), it brings out the natural sweetness of the Virginias every time. One of my favorite pipes to smoke.

...this evening, a bowl of Dunhill Royal Yacht in a Cavicchi smooth Canadian... :cheers:

...up next, Drum Halfzware Shag in a Parker blast bent billiard... :cheers:

"To light is human; to puff, divine"

Today:
Davidoff Royalty in a Savinelli Oscar Dry bent billiard sans filter
Davidoff Royalty in a Stanwell Zebrano bent dublin

Anniversary Kake in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend, half rusticated, half smooth, rough top.

Christmas Cheer 2009 in a Sasieni Four Dot Rustic Pembroke.

Been a while since I've posted so here goes.
Best pipe baccy I could get local was the usual stuff Dr Pats, which I've been using as a RYO, Erinmore, Borkum and Amphora. All not bad but as I have recently found not great.

Found an online supplier here in Australia and they have some cracking baccy. Ordered a few sample 10g packs and a 50g Samuel Gawith Commonwealth blend. Ordered on Thursday delivered Friday morning fantastic.

Am working my way through the samples so far I really like the Luxury Navy Flake, think it's Peter Stokkebye, first time I've smoked a Perique blend. The St James Samuel Gawith was very good another Perique blend I think.

Next I tried some Latakia blends the mentioned Commonwealth and Blakeleys Best Latakia which I enjoyed immensely. Also tried a bowl of McClelland Dark Star Black Label very dense and strong and 1792 Samuel Gawith which was strong but not my favorite.

Some of the baccy don't have the sample option like the Dunhill can anyone suggest a good Dunhill. Frog Morton is another I'd like to try but have heard it's quite mild there are a few different blends and then there's the aromatics. As I'm still quite new to this any advice on good tobacco is appreciated. I know someone traveling to Europe this month they have asked can they pick up some pipe baccy for me any suggestions.

I'm about ten minutes away from lighting up Three Friars in a MM Pony Express cob, which will be followed by Half&Half in a tan etched slight bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.