What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finishing up a bowl of 4 Noggins Prairie Wind in a Hardcastle "Jack-o-London" Banker I got back in the early 70s.
Waiting on my Presbyterian to come in the mail :twisted: 

Almost done with Full Virginia Flake in a 1980 smooth slight bend, long stem Prince no name 97, made by Charatan.

1st try, Germain's Brown Flake in a Jobey Strawberry

edit: in a word, smooth. It lit nicely off one match, produced lots of mellow smoke, with just a hint of bitterness in the back ground. Rather like sipping a nice glass of porter. I don't know if this is still being produced (it has been mentioned that it is not) or if it just is difficult/impossible to find in the US, but I hope it will be available again!

Just finished my first bowl of my new Presbyterian that came in the mail today. Smoked it in a Charatan tanshell finish 420X billiard. I'll post a review when I've smoked more, but first impression is it's a solid classic Balkan, very tasty and smooth. :twisted: 

Thank you very much! For the Dublin part of my Volcano, Dublin's and plugs (which includes twists and ropes) I chose Peter Heinrich's Curly Block, or as I nicknamed it Salami. I cut it with one of my hunting knives and set a 2-3 day supply in a non airtight container, a Montecristo Cigar tin. I then chose the Jack Howell Dublin to smoke it in, sublime, with a mug of Brazilian Cerrado on the side, yum.

9262701641_42c2aba802_z.jpg

pepesdad1":q1k4uwoa said:
As always, Fish...beautiful pipe.

Brigadier Black Alamo in a Stanwell straight grain Dublin with a saddle bit.

Brother Fishnbanjo your olive wood volcano is another stunner - congratulations!:cheers: 

Presently Peterson Hyde Park in a Pete 408 (a surprisingly large pipe).

Fraternally

Jers

HU Director's Cut in a 2003 horn Meer.

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.

Brigadier Black Alamo in a Comoy straight grain pot.

Motzek Strang in a 1999 medium bend black sandblast Savinelli Tris 677KS apple with a cumberland stem.

Georgetown Tobacco Reverie in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin.

F&T Blackjack in a straight stem Comoy's Pebble Grain billiard. A sweet red Va. tobacco in a sweet pipe = a great smoke.:D :cheers: 

AJ

St. James Flake in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea Fatta A Mano author with a silver spigot military bit.

...final pipe of the day...G&H Kendal Kentucky in a Cooper smooth Dublin/Canadian...:cheers: 

url=https://servimg.com/view/18428752/6]
cooper12.jpg
[/url]

“Pipe smoking is the most protracted of all forms of tobacco consumption. It may explain why pipe smokers are generally regarded as patient men–and philosophers.”
-Jerome E. Brooks, from The Mighty Leaf, Tobacco Through the Centuries

PeterD: I really like that Dublin. It's a perfect pipe for the shag cut Lakeland as long as it's not packed too tight. BTW if you feel the need to unload the pipe shoot me a PM we might be able to make a deal.

AJ

Vintage Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).

Germain's Royal Jersey with perique in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn.

Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49.

Finishing off a conservative helping of Presbyterian in my new estate old England

Status
Not open for further replies.