What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My own mixture (original) in a Bentley Former's Design Bulldog 5-1-9,37 :) 

AJ

A very special blend provided by a very special friend in a Comoy straight grain pot.  Like plasma to the blood...that's how good it is.

2003 Dunbar with added Percy Martin Farms year 1991 perique in a 2003 medium bent straight grain Two dot 2 P. Ardor Venere Extra Bucaneve with a silver ferrule signed by Dorelio Rovera.

My usual after lunch bowl of Royal Yacht, this one in a GBD Virgin pot I got when I started smoking back in '69. :twisted: 

Today I got my 5 pack of Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture from Pipes&Cigars so I took a tin with me as backup on walkabout along with the Tsuge Tankard but the Kendal Plug lasted the trip.

After a fantastic lunch of rustic smoked salmon, dill and cream cheese spread over toasted everything bagel's I decided I owed myself a smoke of the latest iteration of this blend so I chose the Dunhill Quaint Cutty group 2 size and lit it with my Dunhill Rollagas Lighter and tamped it with my Dunhill One Spot Tamper and enjoyed a smoke reminiscent of masted ship, clay cutty shaped pipes, the sea and tankards of ale at the pub, a lovely blend indeed, makes me wish I had enjoyed the original to have compared them.

8700414618_ce0d188cc2_c.jpg

Early Morning Pancake in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin.

Fishinbanjo, sounds like you had a "Dunhill" moment ! I'm looking forward to trying some of the Elizbethan in the future, but I would NOT try and compare the two, (old vs new) even though I smoked it back when Murray blended it. I've found that once past about one year, one's "memory" sensory wise, is subject to too many variables and could not be called accurate. :twisted:

MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer.

This
8640761972_3ce79c8262.jpg
in the Larrysson in the bottom right
9173308715_2388b6c39b_c.jpg
diet Gingerale at room temperature for my drink.

G&H Scotch Flake in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend.

Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe.

Full Virginia Flake in a much cherished smooth straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy.

Brown Flake Unscented (with a pinch of Grasmere) in a Storient Lee van Cleef

Beck's Ol' Limey So&So in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell.

GLP Filmore in my Meister, God awful stuff, bitter and nasty. This is my third try of this crap and it's been cellared for about 5 months now. It's going in the TRASH where it should be.

Meister2_zpsd66f9c8d.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 516px

4-Noggins "Double Fantasy" in a Comoy pencil shanked sandblast billiard #212.

St. James Flake in an old Barling straight Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and military bit.

Jim..that is a fine looking pipe!...love the military bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.