What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Bradley. War year Dunhills are not the easiest to come by. I am lucky to have a 1944 Shell billiard. And having an ODA size from that era is a rare pipe. Awesome.
Andy

Andy I too am sorry about the size of the picture, have not found out how to resize on mobile phone app. SPC had this one when I was browsing , it had just come in, jumped on it with both feet.

I understand Bradley, I am technically challenged when it comes to some of this stuff. I did find out how to resize on Photobucket just under edit and resized to 640 x ? and saved it but it came out the same size??? Oh well, I like the big photo anyway!!! LOL
AC

Earlier, I was smoking Mid-1920s Half and Half in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top. Now, it's Sir Walter Raleigh in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 Ben Wade Golden Matt freehand sitter.

JimInks":61zrk5eg said:
Earlier, I was smoking Mid-1920s Half and Half in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top. Now, it's Sir Walter Raleigh in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 Ben Wade Golden Matt freehand sitter.
Jim, is there a distinct difference between the old Half & Half and the more recent blend?
I've smoked tons of this blend, and just wondering if you find a difference.
AC

It's another ketchup/sweet straight Red Va sort of day so I'm on my second bowl of McC's FM 2000 in a GBD Virgin Pot w/ replacement Perspex stem I got back when I started smoking a pipe in '69. mmmmm Hienz 57  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 

For my afternoon smoke it's P&W #10 in a Davorin Morta Bent Dublin with ice tea. I have yet to smoke one of Carole's blends that I didn't love!

Half way through this bowl of Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer.

docwatson":acnmuoam said:
JimInks":acnmuoam said:
Jim, is there a distinct difference between the old Half & Half and the more recent blend?
AC
The old blend is more straight forward in taste with less topping, and frankly, I like it better for that reason.

Forgot to post last night, but I had some SG Kendal Creme Flake in my MM diplomat cob pot.

JimInks":euubn4j6 said:
docwatson":euubn4j6 said:
JimInks":euubn4j6 said:
AC
The old blend is more straight forward in taste with less topping, and frankly, I like it better for that reason.
Thanks for your input Jim, much appreciated.
AC

Half way through this bowl of Stonehaven in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band.

Fire dance flake in my amazing Devil Dog by the one and only lady of the briar, scottie.

nfn5kWt.jpg" style="width: 640px;height: 380px

Va. Yellow in a 1982 smooth straight Sasieni Ivory 105 Apple.

Some more Peterson Irish Flake after lunch today, in an Charatan Make Astley 8-panel 1/4 bent cumberland dublin.

Black Virginia in a 1970s smooth medium bend Stanwell Rego 969-48 Design Choice 837 sitter with a vulcanite stem and ferrule.

A few minutes away from smoking The Smoker Ltd. Civil War in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.