What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started my new years day off by rising at 3 am to take my daughter to the airport for her return to the naval base in Pensacola where she serves. It was a very fine morning with a warm goodbye after a great visit, and on the return trip I enjoyed a bowl of 8 year old Two Friends Redwood in a Mastro de Paja straight saddle bulldog.

I love that shot of Bobby Orr! At the half of MSU vs Georgia, I'm finishing a bowl of Kendal Flake in a Tinsky diamond-shanked apple and moving on to a bowl of '02 Caravan in a Tinsky blast rho.

Buddy

Hiya Folks.

McB's Navy Flake in a 70's era Ivarsson designed Stanwell:

Maenz003.jpg

For the drive home Haunted Bookshop in my Tinsky Coral Author.
:pipe: on Brothers!

Started the day off here in Richmond, VA with two nice smokes of Walnut in a Kaywoodie Thorn billiard and a Brissett full bent billiard. Praise the Lord for smoker friendly Waffle Houses! :D

Good Morning All,

Hodgepodge in a Brigham sitter.

-29 c brrrrrrr

:) Paul

SG Golden Glow in a Mastro de Paja 3A 1/8 bent apple.

Since I now work in a tobacco shop I get to smoke a lot more, not so much today but I did have some Boswell's Sweet and Mild and some Berry Cobbler. Not too bad. I may have some Peterson's special reserve 2007 here in a bit.

Been working on some Butternut Burley in my Tinsky Hex Smooth Calabash for the past couple of hours.
The more I smoke it the better it gets.

Funn

Good Morning All,

FVF in a Lorenzetti billiard.

-41 c (-40c = -40f) BRRRRRRRRR

:) Paul

These pain meds have me in such a screwy sleeping pattern, can't get more than 4 or 5 hours at a time. Up this morning at 2:15 am with a bowl of Hamborger Veermaster in an Upshall P rhodesian while listening to some chatter on the 80 meter SSB.

Well, I'm now preparing a bowl of Astley's 109 in a 1965 Dunhill 6 LB which I shall fire up shortly.

From todays The Writers Almanac:

It's the birthday of the man who said, "All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost," the man called "the father of modern fantasy," the writer John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, J.R.R. Tolkien, born in Bloemfontein, South Africa (1892).

His mother taught him Latin and Greek, and then one day he saw Welsh names on the side of railway cars, and he thought it was the most beautiful language in the world. He wanted to learn Welsh and any languages like it. He created simple languages of his own, like Animalic, which came from animal names, and Naffarin, which took elements from Spanish.

Tolkien went on to Oxford, and he studied philology, the study of the origin of languages. He became fluent in many ancient European languages, including Classical Greek, Old Norse, Old English, medieval Welsh and Anglo-Saxon, and an ancient form of German called Gothic.

He became a teacher at Oxford, and he invented his most ambitious language yet, composed entirely of his own alphabet, sounds, and structure. And that was the language High Elvish, spoken by elves. He spent 12 years writing a book that incorporated that language. He said he wrote this new book "to provide a world for the language." He said, "I should have preferred to write the entire book in Elvish." But it was in English, and it was The Lord of the Rings. Tolkien intended it to be one book in three parts, but it was published in three volumes — The Fellowship of the Ring (1954), The Two Towers (1954), and The Return of the King (1955).

J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Barbary Coast in a Brissett bent rhodesian.

PD, you must not be taking your meds with enough bourbon. :lol:

jhuggett":ka8xxy3p said:
PD, you must not be taking your meds with enough bourbon.
You know, I do believe you're right. I'm going to have to do something about that :twisted:

Anyone know where I can get a prescription for a litre of Jack Daniels? :drunken:

Status
Not open for further replies.