What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
half FVF,,half red virginia in a freehand bridge

Peretti's Park Square in a Penguin Briars billiard. A superb tobacco in a wonderful pipe.

Smokey

Exhausted Rooster in a Peterson 80s Silver Army Mount.

Reiner LGF in a Tinsky canted billiard: two great tastes that go great together.

Good Morning All,

Penzance in a Brigham sitter.

Finally a break in the cold -25c going up to -16c

:) Paul

Not too early this morning, finally got a good 6 hours sleep (though it was interrupted midway by a crying little child) and didn't rise for the day until 4:30 am. A bowl of Astley's 109 in an Ashton XXX Sovereign while watching the playoff highlights from yesterdays games. I was rooting for the Falcons going into the game but I just could not help wanting to see Curt Warner get another shot at a superbowl. What a great guy playing his best late in his career, congrats to the Cardinals on their first playoff win in decades! :cheers:

From todays Writers Almanac:

It's the birthday of Jacob Grimm, born in Hanau, Germany (1785), one of the men responsible for collecting fairy tales like "Little Red Riding Hood," "Rumpelstiltskin," "Snow White," "Rapunzel," and "Hansel and Grethel." He and his younger brother, Wilhelm, collected more than 200 German folk tales and published Grimm's Fairy Tales in 1812.

Lots of people thought the stories weren't appropriate for children. There was violence, grief, an old woman who ate kids, abandoned children, and young women chopping off pieces of their feet to fit in slippers. But the book was still a big success, and it changed the way scholars collected folklore — trying to present straightforward narratives as people told them, instead of taking the basic story and turning it into a sophisticated literary piece.

In "Hansel and Grethel," Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm wrote: "The old woman had only pretended to be so kind; she was in reality a wicked witch, who lay in wait for children, and had only built the little house of bread in order to entice them there. When a child fell into her power, she killed it, cooked and ate it, and that was a feast day with her."

Peterson's special reserve 2007 in a meer. :D

Prince Albert in a huge Meer Bulldog.
The more I smoke this styff the better
I like it.

Funn

Funn":zp6gq7nq said:
Prince Albert in a huge Meer Bulldog.
The more I smoke this styff the better
I like it.

Funn
You better watch out. It'll keep growing on you! :D

965 in a Jan Zeman. I was gifted this tobacco by a very kind fellow piper and have been enjoying it ever since.

Smokey

Good Morning All,

PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Peterson donegal.

-16c expected to rise near -5c

Paul

Started the day early with a nice bowl of Prince Albert in a Kaywoodie POY dublin.

Smoking a second bowl of McB's Navy Flake in a Cornelius Maenz blowfish...
Maenz031.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.