What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight i smoked 2 bowls of Jock Scott Creamy Malt and i raised a glass of brandy in the memory of Jean Pierre Boyer [1776-1850] and you know why?

In 1821, Haiti provided aid to the Greek struggle against Turkish Occupation. On the first day of 1804 and after 14 years of violent conflicts between the African slaves and French colonists, Haiti made history by being the first independent African nation in the world. 16 years later, the declaration of the Greek Revolution against the ruling Ottoman Empire received a warm response in Haiti. Not only was Haiti the first country that recognised the Greek War of Independence and the Greek state but 100 volunteers also departed from the island to join Greeks. Unfortunately those brave men never arrived in Greece, probably because of a pirate attack on their ship. It is interesting, however how the free nation of ex-slaves viewed its role in the world supporting the liberation of slaves worldwide. Jean-Pierre Boyer, President of Haiti, responded positively to the requests of the Paris Greek Committee in 1822 to help Greece . In his letter to the Committee, he said that Haitian government would like to support the fair Greek Revolution by sending money to revolutionaries to purchase weapons. The young republic did not help financially… But, the truth is that Haiti did find another way to help. It sent 25 tons coffee beans to the revolutionaries, in order to be sold to buy weapons.

21972542003396410e3d5f9f500b6aa550449702.jpg

In 1935, Princess Marina of Greece visited Haiti to express her country’s gratitude for Haiti’s contribution to the struggle against Turkish domination.
On January 12, 2010 Haiti was hit by a powerful earthquake, which caused a humanitarian catastrophe. The dead have reached the 316,000 and the homeless exceeded 1,600,000. Greece, acknowledging its debt to the country that first recognized the rights of the Independence War of 1821, was among the first who sent rescuers to help saving lives.

Well, that was quick. Just a few hours later and just about all the snow is gone and it's dry enough to take the dog to the park along with some Bayou Morning in a Dr. Grabow Savoy. Judging by the entrance walkway, I think the park maintenance guys have been taking an extended holiday vacation. My tax dollars at work.

IMG_3824.JPG

Just finishing this bowl of MacBaren Burley London Blend in a 2015 three quarter bend two tone Chacom UPO Rouge squashed tomato with a black acrylic stem and shank. A can of Hansen's Mandarin Lime made with pure cane sugar is my drink. Watching the Steelers - Broncos.

Just finished smoking 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band. Next is King Charles Smoking Mixture in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat.

...final pipe of the day...SWR in an Ardor DR Urano Canadian... :cheers:

GQ No. 2 Dutch Halfzware in a 1970s smooth medium bend Stanwell Rego 969-48 Design Choice 837 sitter with a vulcanite stem and ferrule.

A little while ago, Rum Flake in a Brigham bent Rhodesian

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem.

SG Cabbie’s Mixture in a 2015 smooth unfinished Savinelli 320KS author. A cup of Maxwell House, neat, is my drink.

Dunhill Standard Match in a 2003 Ural full bend egg shaped Lattice meer.  Have enough for one more bowl. Watching Bulldog Drummond's Revenge.

A third of the way through the last of my stash of G&H Cherry Cream Flake in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer.

Heine's Blend in a 2015 Basil Meadows smooth straight thin shank and stem with an aluminum band Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica.

A bowl of Fribourg & Treyer: "Evans Blend" in a De Luxe Olive wood pipe.

Half way through this bowl of Jim's Va/Bur #1 in a 2003 smooth Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville.

Almost half way through this bowl of MacBaren Burley London Blend in a 2015 three quarter bend two tone Chacom UPO Rouge squashed tomato with a black acrylic stem and shank.

Happy Monday to you, folks (I know... I know... just play along). This late morning, I'm burning Five Brothers in a Country Gent cob. That's one brother burnt in effigy for each day that stands between us and the next weekend.

IMG_7401.JPG

...early AM...SWR...then, Velvet...now, PA in an Icarus blast strawberry... :cheers:

...up next...Player's Navy Cut... :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.