What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C&D Burley Flake #3 in my Bjarne medium Apple bowl with a bent wide stem.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

...early AM...Lane Dark Red...then, PA...now, Velvet in a Ser Jacopo smooth Canadian... :cheers:

...up next...Granger... :cheers:

My simple anytime blend when aged for a minimum of 1 year happens too also be one of my top 10 favorites:

C&D Bayou Night 60% and Lane Burley & Black 40% aged just over 1 year. I smoke this like a FREIGHT TRAIN and absolutely NO bite. I pack the pipe firm 3/4 of the way and get close to a 60 minute very enjoyable smoke.

Pipe of choice: Savinelli Series III UNFINISHED BILLIARD pipe. Has 11 huge fills but it's a superb smoking pipe. I did finish the briar with Bee's wax and mineral oil mixture. I've smoked this pipe over 300 times and the briar now developed a dark chocolate color. But the fills still stand out.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

GLP Chelsea Morning in a Todd Harris bulldog.

Peterson University Flake in my Peterson Killarney Red 999 with a PLip

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Davidoff Scottish Mixture in a sandblasted Castleford bent apple.

One bowl of Borkum Riff Vanilla Cavendish from me for tonight, unfortunately from Friday another low atmospheric pressure will arrive in Greece even in the centre of Athens. We don't have rain lately although we need it and the cold restricts me to work in the balcony for pipe restorations-modifications.

Not far from finishing this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s black sandblasted slight bend Savory’s Argyll 281 Cherrywood with a black vulcanite stem. Back home after another dentist visit.

Another fabulous blend from Rattray's:

Rattray's Bagpipers Dream in my wire wheel rusticated black Icarus Volcano pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Part way through this bowl of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Billiard bowl with a long Canadian stem, unbranded. A cup of Maxwell House, neat is my drink.

Granger, over 35 years old in a MM Country Gentleman pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Captain Earle's Ten Russians in the custom Cob pipe I made for myself. Deep fried cob :cheers::cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Margate (with a few years of age on it) in a T Cristiano bent Dublin. Standing outside on a chilly but mild Pennsylvania evening with a nice hot cup of green tea.

Uhle’s 00 in a smooth medium bend 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

Germain Special Latakia Flake from 2006, rubbed out well and letting it sit in a tobacco tray for about 3 hours. Seems extremely moist. Tried this blend New Years Day, very good but a bit much with the moisture at the bottom of the bowl. This time I let it air dry for about 3 hours. 

Pipe of choice: my Ardor Giove Dublin ( DR )

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Savinelli 140˚ in an unbranded undated (1980s?) straight smooth flat bottom apple with a black vulcanite stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.