What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My simple anytime blend when aged for a minimum of 1 year happens too also be one of my top 10 favorites:

C&D Bayou Night 60% and Lane Burley & Black 40% aged just over 1 year. I smoke this like a FREIGHT TRAIN and absolutely NO bite. I pack the pipe firm 3/4 of the way and get close to a 60 minute very enjoyable smoke.

Pipe of choice: Savinelli Series III UNFINISHED BILLIARD pipe. Has 11 huge fills but it's a superb smoking pipe. I did finish the briar with Bee's wax and mineral oil mixture. I've smoked this pipe over 300 times and the briar now developed a dark chocolate color. But the fills still stand out.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Starting off my smoking day with Amphora Original (Brown) in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 4 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic stem. Simply Orange is my drink.

A blend of C&D Bayou Night and Cuban Maduro cigar leaf aged just over one year. Time to sample. 

Pipe of choice: Restored ( mint condition ) Kaywoodie Lovat style super grain pipe. Superb smoking pipe for this blend. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

MM Great Dane ( in a Mason jar since 2012 ) tobacco in the custom 2" Chimney bowl Lovat style cob pipe I made for myself to enjoy. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking Uhle’s 300 in a 1982 smooth slight bend straight grain Ben Wade Martinique freehand sitter with a wide top and a black vulcanite stem. A bottle of 7-Up is my drink.

GLP Sixpence aged over 6 years in my restored LHS smooth Bing Billiard pipe with a silver band. Been years since I smoked this pipe. 

WARNING: I JUST OPENED ANOTHER TIN FROM MY CELLAR OF BIJOU DATED 5/31/16 and it had a white powdery mold developing.....not plume. The tobacco has the scent of mold.  The blend was soaked, not moist. I'm going to jar all my Bijou tins!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!! 

Now smoking a one bowl sample of Condor Plug in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem. Watching Mad Dog Russo.

Dunbar in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.

C&D replacement tins of Bijou dated 1/19/17

Now smoking C&D Bijou,  a fresh batch from 2017 and no mold issues. Earlier today I decided to open all of my C&D Bijou tins from May of 2016 to July of 2016, ALL which had the beginning stages of mold. I will be posting a warning with pictures on a new thread. This new version is fine and a great blend. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a 1982 near full bend egg shaped Ascorti Business KS with a black ferrule and black saddle acrylic stem. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

John Patton's Storm Front

Pipe of choice: 
An Aldo Velani Brandy bowl smooth briar with an oval shank and wide stem dedicated to Burley blends. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Dunhill Nightcap dated 2007 tin version only in a Dagner design cob poker pipe. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just finished smoking St. James Flake in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band, military bit and a black ebonite stem.

My opinion, the Best Burley available today:

Solani ABF dated 2011 in the custom made Billiard pipe called The Melting Pot. I made this pipe last year for my enjoyment.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake dated 2006 in my full black sandblasted/rusticated Tom Eltang Devil Anse pipe. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking year 1982 Balkan Sobranie 759 in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.