What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on a binge for the last three days smoking Samuel Gawith's Cabbie Mixture in a Savinelli Antilles 122 bent pot with saddle acrylic stem and a cool silver band. I really love this stuff. Just ordered more before I'm all out!

C&D Old Joe Krantz in a 2003 medium bend straight grain Viggo Nielsen sitter with a Cumberland-like acrylic stem.

...final pipe of the day...P&C Sugar Plum in a Ser Jacopo "Rowlette" Lovat... :cheers:

Last pipe and then I'm going to try and sleep, which lately seems impossible:

Rattray's Marlin Flake Dated 2009, well rubbed and rested in my restored LHS smooth chubby Scoop pipe with a silver band and a wide stem. This was a rare hand made/carved pipe. Thank you Grandpa, you've never been forgotten.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Penzance in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog with a black vulcanite stem and p-lip.

Now smoking circa 1970 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a 2002 smooth top, black sandblasted quarter bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with an acrylic horn insert in the ferrule and black acrylic stem.

Uhle’s 00 in a smooth medium bend 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

Savinelli 140˚ in an undated (1980s?) unbranded straight smooth flat bottom apple with a black vulcanite stem.

Granger in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top with a black acrylic stem.

It's supposed to say Antik, but auto correct turned that into Antilles. I don't think there is an Antilles line in the Savinelli world. But I wouldn't bet against it with as many iterations and variations they do have. Kinda sounds like Achille, the original owner and patriarch of the family business. Just wanted to be accurate at 3:41 AM.

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake dated 2004
Pipe of choice: Castello Natural Vergin Bent Egg .....(KKK)

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

This is an amazing section of the BOB forum. It seems at first glance to be a bunch of us guys bragging about what rare or eclectic tobacco and what specific variety of pipe we're smoking. But what it really is, it turns out, is a testament to the dedication to this hobby of ours that so many of us have. And how alike we all are. It confirms that I'm not the only one who chooses a different pipe every day, sometimes multiples in a day, and how variable our choice of smoke is. Even at 3:54 in the AM!!

' Dayyy from Greece, the sun returned to Athens.

38oaEjg.jpg

McClelland McRaspberry - Savinelli [modified], double espresso plus cool water as companion.

Dunhill Nightcap dated 2007 tin version only in a Dagner design cob poker pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Right now smoking:

John Patton's Storm Front in my RDPipes Devil Anse. Custom made by our member of the BoB Ron Powell. I have accumulated many pipes over the past 48 years, this Devil Anse is one of my top 3 favorites. Not for its beauty and superb craftsmanship, but for the way it smokes.....OUTSTANDING!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Granger, over 35 years old in my T. Cristiano Signature series Fatta A Mano smooth Billiard bowl with a square shank. An excellent smoker and well balanced.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Rattray's Bagpipers Dream dated 2009 in my Aldo Velani full sandblasted Brandy bowl pipe with an oval shank and wide saddle stem.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Starting off my smoking day with HU Directors Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. A bottle of 7-Up is my drink.

C&D Burley Flake #3 in my Eagle Claw Egg Meerschaum pipe I purchased in an open air market in Turkey back in 1987. After thousands of uses this pipe still performs perfectly.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

A quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Bright Virginia Ribbon in an early smooth Radice Tiger Eye G medium bend egg/rhodesian pipe with a bamboo-style carving on the shank and a black acrylic stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.