What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G&H Brown Cavendish in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque with a black vulcanite stem. A bottle of Cheerwine is my drink.

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem.

Good evening from Greece.

23963425c0b62700323371de3230d3fb0843cdef.jpg

Borkum Riff Honey & Orange - Fallion [modified].

Just stepped in from the company smoking lounge (porch).

SP Black Cavendish in a nice little Calabresi Bent Brandy with Danish Stem.

Sippin Earl Grey

Just finishing this bowl of 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem.

Paul Olsen Curly No.44 MOB in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a multi-colored ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top with a black vulcanite stem.

Now smoking STG Drexel VIII in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

D&R Vengeur in a 1977 straight black rusticated Sir Brent billiard with a silver band repair and a brown pearl grey acrylic stem.

Yesterday, Warrior Plug in a Viking Apple
Today, the last of some Drexel VIII in a Lee van Cleef meer in the afternoon, and #7 Broken Flake after dinner

Just finished smoking Jim's Va/Bur in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem.

Rattray’s Jock’s Mixture in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow stem with white swirls.

...final pipe of the day...St. Bruno RR in a Don Warren Morta bent apple with Turquoise inlay... :cheers:

Watch City Flake #558 in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Billiard bowl with a long Canadian stem, unbranded.

A couple minutes away from smoking Sutliff Red Virginia Ribbon in a smooth straight WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

Just finished smoking Stokkebye Highland Whiskey in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar John Barrett Volcano with a walnut shank and a black plastic stem.

MacBaren Symphony in a mid-70s slight bend black sandblasted English Rustic 120 billiard with a black vulcanite stem.

Jim - watching what you choose to smoke...the here, there and way over yonder aspects...it's like watching a guy play pinball with that crazy silver ball rocketing all over the dang place!

Q: Is there a method? Is it pure random selection? Do you have a pre set list you work through? Inquiring minds, etc.

Blackhorse":xkdsl3an said:
Jim - watching what you choose to smoke...the here, there and way over yonder aspects...it's like watching a guy play pinball with that crazy silver ball rocketing all over the dang place!

Q: Is there a method? Is it pure random selection? Do you have a pre set list you work through? Inquiring minds, etc.
No real method. Sometimes, it's what I have a craving for next. Much of the time, I like to change genres to keep my interest level high. I couldn't smoke anything one thing or one type (VaPers, English, aros, etc.) all day and night. Change is a good way to keep my palate fresh. I never have a pre-set, except there are a couple blends I smoke each day, like EGR, but I wait until I'm in the mood for it. Sometimes, I start the day with it, usually not, though I usually prefer to have it early in the day.

Just finished work and this bowl of McClelland 5100 in a 2014 smooth medium bend Basil Meadows egg with an aluminum band and a "root beer swirl" acrylic stem.

Now smoking P&W #515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite stem. Watching Gunsmoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.