What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About a third of the way from finishing this bowl of C&D Bluegrass in a medium bend raw sienna toned early Radice sandblast egg with bamboo carving on the shank and a black acrylic stem.

Wessex Brown Virginia Flake dated 2010

Pipe of choice: recently restored Kaywoodie very chubby handmade/carved pot. Looks like new!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Not far from finishing this bowl of Old Dark Fired in a smooth briar calabash shape 1984 Fero Danese made in Italy with a black vulcanite stem.

Posting this about 20 minutes early:

Going to sit on the front porch on this cooler overcast day and enjoy:

An Arturo Fuente 858

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Almost half way through this bowl of MacBaren Virginia Flake in a late '90s half smooth/half etched freehand sitter, medium bend Nielsen Viggo with a pearl brown acrylic stem. Simply Apple is my drink.

...R. McConnell Special London in a '94 gp 5 Dunhill shell Rhodesian... :cheers:

Earlier some aged Royal Yacht in an old Kaywoodie Standard Straight Bulldog with a 4 hole stinger.

Now I'm enjoying a nice fine bowl of Patton's Crossroads (gifted to me by one of the nicest Brothers on this forum that I've had the priviledge of meeting). Wanting to sit back and have a very long contemplative smoke, I selected my Hory Jameson GBD Collector Prehistoric Freehand (Cauldron?) With a chamber almost 2 inches deep this session should last just a bit over 2 hours. :)

AJ

Medal of Valor dated 2011, tin version ONLY! I find the bulk horrendous.
Pipe of choice: MM Country Gentleman Pipe. Great match-up!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Reiner Professional Blend dated 2009. An enjoyable aromatic that does not need to be sipped.

Pipe of choice: Pipes of Malta Meer Billiard bowl with a wide saddle stem. Custom made for me in 1987 and purchased while living on The Island of Malta.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Hearth & Home Butternut
Pipe of choice: Restored LaStrada Simpatico Oom Paul pipe. Pipe was made in Italy and a popular brand sold throughout Europe.

Still in the process of restoring the Charatan Supreme Straight Grain pipe, slowly but surely getting there.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Not far from finishing this bowl of George Washington Cut Plug in a smooth 2002 medium bend flame grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line silver spigot 10 Egea 03 Titania with a black acrylic stem. A bottle of Grape Nehi made with real sugar is my drink.

Now smoking 2001 GLP Haddo’s Delight in a smooth medium bend post-WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock Killarney 9BC with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite stem. It's amazing with all those years of age.

I was gifted this wonderful Burley blend to try and now have a pound on its way:

Peretti's DD

Pipe of choice: my restored Pierre Morel Sr. handmade/carved Bullmoose pipe, which is an excellent smoking pipe!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem, see. Myeah, youse mugs!

HU Dockworker in the ugliest pipe I own but a great smoker. It's a Ben Wade/Preben Holm made Model 100 Freehand. If you like Burley and Orientals then you need to try this blend. The Malawi is excellent and the blend is surprisingly sweet with a nice nic hit. I got the pipe from our Brother Nathan Mattia several years ago and it's one of the best smoking pipes I own. :)

AJ

AJ, the pipe is not ugly, it's a Freehand. All that really matters is it's a superb smoker!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Still a top 5 favorite blend:

John Patton's Storm Front

Pipe of choice: Radice ( 2010 ) Bent Bulldog

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

A minute or so away from smoking McClelland Bayou Slice in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic stem. Ice water and floaty li'l icebergs is my evening drink.

Germain Special Latakia Flake from 2006, rubbed out well and letting it sit in a tobacco tray for about an hour. A bit moist for my liking.

Pipe of choice: my Ardor Giove Dublin ( DR ), this is a second one I've restored. Give me, in this order....anytime....an older Radice, Ardor, Savinelli or Aldo!!
Seems I'm the only Aldo fan within this forum.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Almost finished smoking D&R Winter Gold in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem. Then, it's dinner time.

Status
Not open for further replies.