What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 Pebblecut in my old Churchill. I picked up this old gem several years ago for less than $20 and it smokes like a dream. Flake Virginias really shine when smoked in this pipe. Wish Churchill still made pipes of this quality. :)

AJ

AJ, great find for less then $20.00. You don't have to spend BIG BUCKS to get a superb smoking pipe

My recent restoration of a Yello-Bole Imperial from the 50's I paid $4.50 delivered with no stem is great for Flake blends. I hand cut a piece of Ebonite Lovat style and the pipe made it to my daily rotation for a while. It's an outstanding smoker, whatever blend I feed it....lol
I've posted pictures of this pipe prior.

Now going to smoke: a blend of John Patton's Crossroads & 10.5 year aged Carter Hall. They rested together in a 4oz. Mason jar for 3 months. Should be an interesting smoke.

Pipe of choice: MM Diplomat Pipe
On the side is a Mug of natural cinnamon coffee.

UPDATE... very good smoke with a bit more complexity due to the cocoa flavor from the aged Carter Hall. Need to make two more jars!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Half way through this bowl if Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s black sandblasted slight bend Savory’s Argyll 281 Cherrywood with a black vulcanite stem. A can of the very delicious Hansen's Mandarin Lime soda made with pure cane sugar is my drink. Watching the Braves-Cardinals game.

Part way through this bowl of C&D Blue Ridge in a much cherished smooth straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy with a black acrylic stem.

More Pebblecut this time in my Mastro de Paja Calabash. :)

AJ

AJ, another stunning pipe! I'm sure a superb smoker

John Patton's Storm Front

Pipe of choice: Radice ( 2010 ) Bent Bulldog

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking RO Perique Series Blend P-37 in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair and a black vulcanite stem. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

NYCP Jack's Shanty Cigar Leaf Blend Cigar Leaf Blend dated 2012 in a MM Country Gentleman Pipe. If your also a cigar smoker this blend is right up your alley!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

C&D Engine 99 in my recently acquired W.O. Larsen big bent egg while getting in some piano practice for a change.

GLP Quiet Nights in a 2011 Boswell Rhodesian. Love this tobacco, and the pipe smokes cool and easy.

Just finished smoking C&D Christmas Blend 2015 Golden Days of Yore in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer with a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and floaty li'l icebergs who pleaded for their lives first is my evening drink.

Now smoking C&D White Lightning in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic stem. Yankees-Red Sox game will be on ESPN at 8 EST. If Suzy doesn't stop clawing at my knee, she'll be skish kabob at 7 EST! :)

Solani ABF dated 2011. Now in a Mason jar rehydrated due to defective tin, which had no dents.

Pipe of choice: Kirsten pipe ( restored by a gentleman from Florida ) and a restored rusticated/sandblasted XL Billiard bowl done by me. I'm now using the Straight Stem System. I'm really enjoying this pipe. Next week my two custom made Don Warren bowls should be delivered. I will post pictures of the bowls this excellent pipe maker/craftsman creates :cheers: :cheers:
PS....I do use rubber bits on some of my pipes, not all.

MfKfjIL.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Relaxing after a wonderful meat and potatoes dinner, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Flake #558 in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. Have enough left for one more bowl. Watching the Yankees-Red Sox game.

...Sutliff Revelation Match in a S. Yanik Great Horned Owl Meer.. :cheers:

Reiner Professional Blend dated 2009.  An enjoyable aromatic that does not need to be sipped.

Pipe of choice:  Pipes of Malta Meer Billiard bowl with a wide saddle stem and a 18kt gold band. Custom made for me in 1987 and purchased while living on The Island of Malta.

NzJKc7Z.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

GLP Cumberland dated 2005 in my Radice Chubby Reubens Rhodesian Shape Bullcap Bulldog, opened the draft hole to 5/32". Now a much better smoking pipe with no gurgle and easy draw.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking Sam Gawith Medium Virginia Flake in a straight smooth patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.