What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Centurian 803":ie6uy08m said:
Thank you Puff Daddy. That was most edifying. While I was reading it I heard Garrison Keilor's voice in my head.
Every post from PD I read sounds like Kramer to me for some reason.

Peter Heinrich's Burley & Bright in Bonfiglioli OBB "Cheap Bastard" billiard.

MacB's navy flake in the BoB forum pipe. Lordy it tastes good!!!

Just finished a very relaxing encounter with Gatlin-Burley in my Stanwell Estella Oom Paul.

For todays ride home; My Tinsky Danish Author with S.G. Full Va Flake. Mmm Mmm Good!

2 bowls of Walnut and 1 bowl of Three Friars so far today, all in different Kaywoodies. Loading a bowl of Walnut right now in a Kaywoodie Thorn long shank billiard.

unlabeled (you'd think I'd learn) in a cob,,,whatever it is, it's good

MacBaren Navy Flake in a Radice 1/4 bent apple underwood. :bounce:

Winslow :sunny:

Uhle's 300 in my Vollmer and Nilsson mini rusty Rho

Conniston Cut Plug unscented in a Castello KK Collection bulldog

It's the birthday of the Irish novelist J.G. Farrell, James Gordon Farrell, born in Liverpool, England (1935). His parents moved back to Ireland at the start of World War II. He went to college, taught for a year, and then moved to the Canadian Arctic to be a fireman for a construction company. Then he went to England to attend Oxford University, where he contracted polio, and he had to spend a long time in an iron lung in order to breathe. This formed the basis of his second novel, The Lung (1965), a black comedy whose hero, stricken by polio, has a craving for alcohol and a slightly milder craving for women.

J.G. Farrell is best known for a trilogy of novels about the waning British Empire. The first one, Troubles (1970), is about an English army officer who goes to a seaside resort in Ireland in 1919 to be with the woman he plans to marry. He watches from a distance as Ireland fights for its independence and the British Empire begins to crumble on all fronts. The second novel was The Siege of Krishnapur (1973), a historical reconstruction of an Indian rebellion in 1857. Farrell spent a long time in India researching the novel. The Siege of Krishnapur won the 1973 Booker Prize, and at the awards ceremony, Farrell gave a speech in which he condemned the business activities of the sponsors of the prize he had just won. The final book of his trilogy, The Singapore Grip (1978), is about the British surrender of the colony of Singapore.

Farrell was 50,000 words into another historical novel about the British Empire when he drowned in 1979, at the age of 44, while fishing off the west coast of Ireland.

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

Walnut in my 1991 Savinelli sandblasted Autograph

Seafarer (from Tobacco Cove in Jacksonville, Fl) in my Big Ben Barbados

C&D Virginia Gentleman in a Castello Sea Rock canadian.

Started the day with an outstanding bowl of Walnut in a Kaywoodie Handmade saddle bit billiard. This pipe is fast becoming one of my favorite smokers. It just delievers an outstanding smoke!
KayHandTanBlast.JPG

Having some ERR'd in a Kaywoodie Majestic bent apple.

Later, I'm going to take advantage of this balmy 47-degree weather and take a good long walk with some MB Navy Flake in my old Kaywoodie Sunrise panel billiard.

Good Morning All,

Mc 2010 in a Brigham President.

-30 c Brrrrrrr

:) Paul

Doc Manhattan":ov3819gs said:
Having some ERR'd in a Kaywoodie Majestic bent apple.

Later, I'm going to take advantage of this balmy 47-degree weather and take a good long walk with some MB Navy Flake in my old Kaywoodie Sunrise panel billiard.
You better watch out with those "drug store" pipes and tobacco.....they could damage you reputation! :D :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.