What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westminster in a Longchamp billiard, watching the inauguration.

Even' All, McConnell's Oriental '06, in an Ehrlich Billard, in my new Ashton LX octo PSNF '04, in my Cavacchi 3c Calabash, Dark Flake '03, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Frigid Northeast Kingdom! :tongue: :pale: :penguin:

Uhle's 300 in my Mastro de Paja rusty Rhodesian

Just finished a bowl of SG 1792 Flake in a Brigham straight billiard while sitting around a fire with some friends.

Cornell and Diehl Apricots and Cream in an Altinok meer,nice light aeromatic
this morning.Compliments from the wife about the room note. :shock:

Winslow :sunny:

Good Morning All,

Mc 2010 in a Brigham President sitter.

Going to reach +1c, and, then, winter returns :(

:) Paul

Just got back from my monthly visit with the surgeon. He told me "You're behind". Not sure if that was a remark about my mental capacity, my medical condition, or the fact that my ass has grown exponentially since I've been sittin in front of this computer with nothin better to do. On the way back out to the truck I realized that he probably meant that I hadn't been smoking enough, considering the volume of free time I have, so I woofed up a bowl of Solani 633 (courtesy of JP :D ) in a Mastro de Paja straight bulldog 8)

Even' All, In my Ashton LX octo billard, Grasmere Flake '07, in my Tinsky paneled 2** brown blast ring grain Scottish Flake[Peretti's '08] Ken. :tongue: :pale: :penguin:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Frigid Northeast Kingdom! :tongue: :pale: :penguin:

Good Morning All,

Old Joe Krantz in a Stanwell.

-23c with snow Brrrrr

:)

Astley's 109 in a Castello KK Collection bulldog

It's the birthday of the Romantic poet Lord Byron, born George Gordon Noel in London, England (1788). His father was nicknamed "Mad Jack," was deeply in debt, made his living by seducing rich women, and may have killed his first wife.

Byron was the product of his father's second marriage. He was a poorly behaved child. After college, he went off to travel in the eastern Mediterranean and kept a diary of his adventures there. He turned it into a book-length poem, Child Harold's Pilgrimage. It was published between 1812 and 1818, and it made Byron one of the most popular poets of his time.

Byron wrote many more books of poetry, including Don Juan (1819). He lived a life of controversy and excess, so when he died at age 36, his friend burned Byron's unpublished memoirs before he had even been buried.

It's the birthday of poet Timothy Steele, born in Burlington, Vermont (1948). He is an advocate of metrical poetry, as opposed to free verse. He said, "I believe that our ability to organize thought and speech into measure is one of the most precious endowments of the human race." And he said, "The original free-versers hoped their revolution would lead to a new metrical system. They did not want their efforts to result in poetry's degenerating into lineated prose, which is sort of what's happened."

Timothy Steele teaches at California State University Los Angeles. He wrote: "Form gives you a way not only of expressing things, but also of understanding them. The medium makes you look at phrasing and thought from different angles and almost inevitably leads you to think about elements of this or that experience or subject in ways you would not have otherwise."

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

Thank you Puff Daddy. That was most edifying. While I was reading it I heard Garrison Keilor's voice in my head.

MacBaren's Navy Flake in an Alex Florov:
075c2a82.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.