What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
… earlier...Peterson Connoisseur's Choice...now, Lane Andullo in a Savinelli Oceano Author (320KS)… coffee on the side...

Now smoking year 2001 Dunhill Navy Rolls in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite stem. Giants and Cubs are really battling tonight. 3-3 in the 2nd.

Now smoking Wilke No. 178 in a 1980s straight smooth Big Ben pot with a nickel band and a black vulcanite stem. Getting ready to go to work.

About a quarter of the way through this bowl of 2012 Virginia Spice in a straight Lane era Charatan black with burgundy undertone sandblasted billiard 420 with a black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to Double, Double, by Ellery Queen.

Morning!
7 Seas regular in a Loewe billiard here.
Have a good week!

Just finished smoking Watch City Christmas Present 2015 in a straight black sandblast 2 star Ferndown Bark Prince with a Cumberland stem.

Now smoking Watch City Slices in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 4 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic stem.

Just finished work and this bowl of Wilke #515 in a 1979 smooth slight bend H. Jones Ltd. Easy Loader 391 Dublin with a black vulcanite stem.

Last smoke of the day is Wilke No.111 in a smooth medium bend post-WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock Killarney 9BC egg with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite stem. Watching a Hopalong Cassidy movie.

In the Battle of the Göhrde at 18 September 1813 the soldiers were pined down by enemy artillery and rifles, a young drummer could accept this and without taking order by an officer in a suicidal decision rise up and start drumming the "Charge" rhythm. The soldiers stand-up and charge to the enemy without knowing that there was no official order. The young drummer against the rules follow them in the first line urging them so the soldiers took more inspiration and courage to reach the hill. Inevitably the heroic drummer drawn attention by the enemy and multiple rifles fired toward him wounding him heavily.

26092907e0d8400cda1054baf52e35a4cc969052.jpg

When the drummer carried to the hospital the doctors cutting the uniform to heal the wounds by surprise discovered that was not "he" but "she"! A young girl for patriotic reasons disguised as a man and was fighting in the Jägerbataillon. The brave drummer didn't manage to see the end of War, she past away due to the heavy wounds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleonore_Prochaska

Ludwig van Beethoven: Funeral March ('Leonore Prohaska')
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDoSLRpVL7A

I pay my respects raising my pipe with Samuel Gawith Perfection and my cup of coffee to the memory of Eleonore Prochaska which did something beyond the duty helping the other soldiers to win the battle. God rest her soul.

… today I raise my pipe to honor those who served and sacrificed... earlier...Lane Burley...now, OGS in a Tinsky coral Canadian...coffee on the side...

Having a bowl of, what else, HH ODF in a Peretti oom Paul. Looking forward to the grass drying out so I can mow it  
tongue.png

Had pizza for lunch and am a third of the way through this bowl of Edgeworth Slices in a medium bend grain etched undated Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B freehand with a black vulcanite stem. This will finish the sample a friend gifted me. A bottle of Boylan's Birch Beer made with pure cane sugar is my drink. Getting ready to watch game one of the Braves-Mets game. The second game will be this evening. Astros and Yankees game is on ESPN.

Now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem.

Now smoking Amphora Virginia in a brown straight smooth Paul Perri billiard with a black acrylic tapered stem.

Not far from finishing this bowl of D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a 1982 near full bend egg shaped Ascorti Business KS with a black ferrule and black saddle acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink. Watching The Best Years of Our Lives.

Part way through this bowl of Rich Dark Flake in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem. Sleepy Suzy is by my side. Molly is snoozin' on m'lady's lap.

… PA Match in a gp.5 Dunhill bent shell Rhodesian...coffee on the side...

Status
Not open for further replies.