What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even' All, Two pipes to-nite, in my Joe Skoda Calabash POY SHPC '07, Bob's Chocolate '05, in my long stemmed , long bit ODA canted Dublin, C
ondor RR'06 , Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

Started the day off very early this morning in a Kaywoodie Handmade blasted saddle bit billiard. Outstanding!

Justpipes":zwidpunc said:
TallSmoke":zwidpunc said:
Wilke #191 in the Rinaldo.
How's that pipe smoking for you Tall One? :D
Like a charm. Packed it full last night with the 191 blend and charred it, tampered, lit again and smoked it to the bottom. It's a great pipe.

On a cool, overcast afternoon, I have 1792 in a size 2 Dunhill bulldog. Just the ticket.

At 0530 EDT, it was nothing more complex than C&D BigNBurley in an old meer apple; a good start to the day. A large cup of Luzianne coffee on the side. I have a few cobs filled with PA for later AM smokes, looking for an excuse to head downstairs (we're on the 13th floor) to catach a few quick smokes.

Mike, funny thing but for months I obsessed over 1792 for an afterdinner smoke. I loved the thin acrid smoke in the smaller KWs. But, about September '08, the sense of the 1792 left me. For that Lakeland moment, I now prefer Coniston or Bosun's cut plug, or Dark Flake. I find them to all be more 'accesssible' smokes.

St Bruno in a 1/4 bent Big Ben sitter.

Is it just me, or are Big Bens brilliant? NEVER had a bad smoke from a Big Ben.

Morning all... Got my bjarne freehand Dublin full of some PS Bullseye flake... Doing some yard work trying to make the honey do list smaller Take Care ( JD )

PA in a Jan Zeman chubby Cape Lark with a cup of joe on the side.

Plan on having some tolkein burley in my brigham 08' churchwarden.

Good Morning All,

Safe Harbor Flake in a Lorenzetti sitter.

0c and a snow storm :shock:

SmokeyTweed":o2iqruof said:
Is that a similar one that Sasquatch showed a while ago with the extra stem?

Natch":656nftgd said:
Slow Puffs, How do you like the Safe Harbor? I've been meaning to try it.

Natch
It's described as "flake" but it's tightly wrapped up inside the tin in a paper package. To my nose, it reeked of "rum" flavouring. I broke open the package and let a pipeful dry a little on the desk, more like crumble kake if that. After drying, it lit fairly easily. It's not bad but to my tastes, too much favouring.

20C GLP Maltese Falcon in an Irsih seconds bent.
Cheers,
Jayf

Slow Puffs":mb2m4uru said:
SmokeyTweed":mb2m4uru said:
Is that a similar one that Sasquatch showed a while ago with the extra stem?
Yeah its the same pipe, i smoked the original bowl with the smaller cumberland stem and it smoked quite well with the maple system and i have to say that the feelings are mutual with the acrylic churchwarden stem. I prefer the smaller stem though it is just beautiful.

A very nice (and BIG) bowl of SHPC Great Hiatus in my Mastro billiard. It's a damn fine blend and I'm trying to gather a broad enough impression for a well-informed review.

Even' All, Two pipes to-nite, in my Joe Skoda Calabash POY SHPC, Ennerdale Flake '04, in my tinsky 2** Tan Blast Xmas '04, wih nice ring grain, Solaini Burley Flake, '07, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

Just finished some Riverboat Gambler in a Ruthenberg smooth brandy, quicker than I expected actually. Didn't realize I had a brandy, just bought another Ruthenberg brandy but a sandblast with a silver band.

PBR on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.