What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robusto in an "Imported Briar."

(It doesn't say "Genuine Imported Briar," but I'm pretty sure it is).

:face:

Puff Daddy":vhxlmt70 said:
I've actually been down with the flu for several days, a day or two fairly ill, a day or two rebounding, and back and forth. [note to self, spray all little children heavily and repeatedly with lysol, the little germ bearing buggers!!] I've had a couple of pipes sitting here for a couple of days, loaded and at the ready. If the things in my head continue to clear up as they seem to be, I have been longing for this little GBD prestige that's been calling to me, whispering promises of delivering the sweet notes of Bobs Chocolate flake to my foggy psyche. If I stare at it long enough maybe I can channel some good karmic medicine from it's soul :face:
PD:

Must be a mild flu; either that or it's some other bug...or else you have an extraordinarily robust immune system. When flu hits me, it usually pounds me so hard that it takes me down for at least a week; more often it's closer to two weeks before I'm functioning at anything close to normal output (150%... :mrgreen: ). Last year, the doggone bug hit my lungs so hard that it was ~2.5 months before I felt like I even wanted to smoke. So much for the friggin' flu shot.

Yer absolutely right about spraying the little buggers with Lysol. Staying away from 'em and everything they touch is an even better idea. 'Twas some little kiddies who provided the disease vector that afflicted me last year. This year I'm staying away from that particular situation until flu season is over.

Hey...if good karmic medicine has any basis in reality (and the evidence suggests it does), you of all people are surely among the most worthy recipients.

Be healed, mah brothah!

Vito :joker:

Thanks for the well wishes guys! The type of flu I had was the 'One day of stomache upheaval followed by days of body fatigue', not a bit of the upper respiratory stuff, nary even a cough. I've been not smoking simply because I felt like s**t and would'nt enjoy it :| I think half the town is down with this stuff. My mother who is nearing 70 got it and fainted, getting a nasty gash in her head from the fall which required stitches. 7 hours in the ER! There were 300 people in that little emergency room, almost all flu victims :!:

Anyhow, after a good bit of contemplation I am going to now light that little GBD :D Kicking out some karmic well wishes to all 8)

PD:

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your Mom's mishap. I hope she's OK.

Man, it sounds like y'all have an epidemic there. G.I. flu is no picnic, but at least it doesn't linger for weeks on end. The biggest danger is dehydration via "crying from behind", as my El Salvadoran painter José so quaintly described diarrhea. In a pinch, you can try the shock and awe treatment—cut yourself a couple of 1-inch pieces of ropeweed, chew thoroughly, and swallow. By the time they get you all pumped out in the hospital ER the hallucinations should start to moderate somewhat, but you definitely won't be thinking 'bout the flu.
:affraid: Disclaimer: Someone using my user ID and password wrote that, not me. I wouldn't listen to him if I were you.

Ah, well...if you're lighting up, it's clear that you're already on the mend. Good on ya...I feel better that you feel better. :mrgreen:

Vito :joker:

Thanks for the concern Vito, yeah, she'll be OK, and you nailed it, it was dehydration that caused the fainting.

Eating rope eh? Sounds very Carlos Castaneda. I think mom's got enough trouble at the moment :lol:

Early in the evening, listening to Jeopardy, smoking C&D Barrister in a Stevenson apple, waiting for the coffee to perc.

Pirate Kake in a Hans Christian Andersen churchwarden. Chasing hobbits through the haze :albino:

Finished up a bowl of Rocking Chair in the Castello sea rock prince a little while ago, it will be Squadron Leader during the 'really big football game' tonight (still deciding on the pipe of choice).

GO PATRIOTS!!! :cheers:

Ancient Syrian Mountain Latakia,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,respect for a friend.

:king:

Sam Gawith's new Golden Glow in a Peterson 80s Silver Army Mount.

This new tobacco is fairly light but still tastey enough to keep my attention. I'll have to spend some time with it before I form any solid opinion of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.