What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C&D's Pirate Kake in an Irish Second, a cheap pipe that is a terrific smoke.

Smokey

This discussion about Virginia's in another thread had me digging in the cellar. I was looking for an older tin of Cairo, as I cannot ever remember trying it. Never did find an older tin. I know it's in there somewhere. Found some new style, but I wanted some with age on it. I recall wondering "just how many 2oz tins of Renaissance I had stashed in there". Came across a 4 year old tin of Strafford and said that would do nicely.

Stratford in a Tinsky tomato. :D

Wonderful hiss when I popped the top. Fantastic moisture level. Not dry, but not wet. Tin crammed to the top. Slight citrus-like scent. Beautiful shades of yellow with very slight pieces of light green and some dark. But mostly shades of yellow. The peppery taste is a bit milder than when young. But it still makes my face sweat. :lol!:

Great stuff!

Todays menu will have GLP Nocturne and Maduro Cut Cake.

Hey :afro: ,

Have the Steelhead arrived yet? Has the Salmon count at Nimbus picked up?

Set the hook!

Pass the Brothers!

Warm enough outside today to have a pipe while walking Jake, 1yr old FVF in my Peterson 307.

Cumberland in a Comoy Collector's. Other than 1 bowl last week I've been away from the pipes (and cigars) for about 2 weeks. A bowl of Cumberland never tasted so good!

Lowe Country, Cooper in a Castello 215. Just lit up and it tastes like I took a bite of charcoal. :shock:

Probably because of that home made beef and cabbage soup for lunch. It's settling down into a good smoke now. :)

Also, I had commented about flakes recently. Not sure if it's the tobaccos used, or a continuing evolution of the process, but these flakes are better constructed than most I have had from C&D. They seem to hold together better. :pipe:

C&D Yale Mixture in a Tinsky 2005 Christmas pipe. This is a really fine medium English mixture that doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

Smokey

More Embarcadero in another
Wolfgang Blazejewski pipe. Even with my obsession with opening new tins lately I've almost finished this tin. It just keeps calling me back.

St. Bruno Flake in full-bent Kirsten with a very large Brissitt bowl. When I saw the prices that old, sealed tins are going for on EBay, I went to check my box-o-old-tins and coddle them little puppies of "gold". Well, one of my St. Bruno lids wasn't as concave as the other lids were. With moderate finger pressure, no twisting coin, it popped open. As I checked them just a few months back, I don't think much if any air got in, but now I suppose I'll have to smoke the damn stuff!

Natch

Natch,
I feel your pain; if it's too much trouble to smoke it. I'll be glad to help :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.