What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished some GLP Blackpoint in a Nording 925. Peace-Mike

Jazzman":0ueqaavg said:
Just finished some GLP Blackpoint in a Nording 925. Peace-Mike
Hey Mike,
How is the Blackpoint? I just bought 2 tins from 2003 off pipestud.com. It looks like an interesting blend, though I don't think I have tried anything from GLP that I haven't enjoyed. Anyhow, in keeping with the thread itself, I enjoyed some McClelland Orient 996 Vintage 2007 in a Comoy bent this afternoon. It got up to the mid 60's here in MD today so me and the girlfriend took a nice drive out in the country this afternoon. It was an enjoyable ride and an enjoyable pipe to boot!

-Scott

Actually Scott, that was my second bowl of Blackpoint, so it's to early to tell. But I do enjoy everything from GLP with the exception of Barbary Coast which I haven't quite figured out yet.

Probably smoke another bowl of Blackpoint tonight in a Savinelli billiard. Peace-Mike

G&H's Garsmere fl., in my Ardor Xmas '03, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

MacBaren's "Burley London" in this JT Cooke:

Letstrythese316015.jpg

WOW I wouldn't even have to smoke that Pipe to be satisfied. For That one I would pay whatever they were asking. Something about those long stemmels/ shanks i like a lot.
Congrats on that one Dock.
Ed

Esudo in this Rad Davis before bed. All I have been able to think about is smoking this pipe since I got it at the NY show on Saturday.

I understand that sentiment. That thing has some awesome straight grain. Maybe somebody will have a pipe show in Atlanta. Ya'll done gave me the fever.

Frost":1m6f8bv4 said:
Esudo in this Rad Davis before bed. All I have been able to think about is smoking this pipe since I got it at the NY show on Saturday.

holy ass baskets, how did i miss that thing, its freaking gorgeous. what table was THAT on and how early did you pick it up?

Good morning and happy St. Patrick's Day! Just finished up a bowl of C&D Plantation Evening, now I need to figure out what to smoke next. I've got the day off work today so I can get some things done around here. Enjoy your pipes!

Smokey

dubhdarra":7ctecxfv said:
holy ass baskets, how did i miss that thing, its freaking gorgeous. what table was THAT on and how early did you pick it up?
Picked it up from Robert Lawing @ the pipe and pint table a couple hours into the show. Does have super nice grain on most of it, although it washes out a bit on the front left of the bowl but not bad.

C&D Briar Fox in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Squire
McClelland/PCCA Tudor Castle in a Falcon

349f_1.jpg

McB's Navy Flake in this Larry Roush.....

Letstrythese316012.jpg

Early pipe,dgt"d some G&H Grasmere fl., with a parfait ofPeretti's London Fl. Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Ireland! :tongue:

The adventures of Pete in a Pete: University Flake in an saddlebit Aran billiard.

Yerba Mate on the side... it's green... sort of.

Just smoked SG Perfection for the second time and can't say enough about this blend. No harsh latakia (I say harsh only because I'm somewhat of an English blend newbie) and rich flavor. And I know this sounds somewhat superficial but I absolutely love the tin it comes in. It just screams excellent pipe tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.