What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two pipes, my ride home pipe today a Freehand Nording 925, and an after dinner Sav Oscar. Both with Westminster, if there's a better English out there I haven't found it yet...and I'm looking pretty hard!

Peace-Mike :cheers:

A Glorious smoke this morning!
With all the talk about aged FVF I dug into my cellar and got out the oldest tin of FVF I have. Date of cellaring was 1-09 (Since I just got into FVF in January of 09).
I popped the tin and just breathed in the aroma, the pipe was a Akropois Amadeus #346 (Greek made) which loves FVF, the narrow bore works great. I rolled out a flake and gently pushed it in, then sat it in my truck as I took the kids to my folks (who see them off to school), then I lit it up, a little moist so it took a few tries. But once she started going it was great, smoked it all the way to work with just a few relights, WOW! if it's this good after 16 months I can only imagine this stuff after several years.

Smoking my second bowl of Peretti Somerset Slices in a GBD Speciale Standard. I can tell that this is one blend that will require a lot of experimentation in order to smoke properly. By this, I mean exploring various ways of packing the bowls, using different size bowls, etc. However, I can certainly see why so many of you Burley lovers enjoy this blend. I have no doubt that once I "get to know" Somerset a little better, he will become a life long companion. 8)

-Scott

It is a Peretti kind of morning. I have moved on to their Royal Blend in an old bent Comoy. This is hands down, the best Balkan I have ever smoked, and I have had Sobranie before. So glad I have plenty of this stuff cellared! :cheers:

-Scott

Solani Aged Burley Flake in a cob earlier.

Peretti Somerset Slice in a Viprati just now.

Currently drying out some Compton's Macedonian Mixture for my Svendborg.

Jack Straw":f8djbm99 said:
Solani Aged Burley Flake in a cob earlier.

Peretti Somerset Slice in a Viprati just now.

Currently drying out some Compton's Macedonian Mixture for my Svendborg.

:affraid:

From the boxpass , C&D's Habana Daydreams, in my Weber Prince,excellent!Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

From the Boxpass, Parklane's Conniseur's Flake, YUCK, in my Peretti's prince, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

Just smoked some Maltese Falcon in my Ardor Urano Fantasy, excellent! :tongue: Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.