What Are Your Drinking Right Now

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":pcno580m said:
Jefferson's Presidential 18 Year Old bourbon, courtesy of my brother-in-law. Amazing stuff.
I'm glad to hear that, I just bought a bottle for my buddy (we hang out of New Years). I tried like hell to get a bottle of Pappy but that wasn't going to happen. The internets told me this was the next best thing that was readily available.

Myself, I am drinking coffee - black, just about done with the first pot and need to put on another.

Dave_In_Philly":nb1pdod4 said:
I'm glad to hear that, I just bought a bottle for my buddy (we hang out of New Years). I tried like hell to get a bottle of Pappy but that wasn't going to happen. The internets told me this was the next best thing that was readily available.

Myself, I am drinking coffee - black, just about done with the first pot and need to put on another.
Very good stuff Dave. It's one of the fruiter tasting bourbons that I have tried. Perhaps that is due to the wheat addition in the mash. It drinks exceptionally smooth neat, even at the good ol' 47% mark. I read somewhere that it's from the same distillery as the Van Winkle stuff.

I haven't had the Pappy. I keep my eyes peeled for it when I hit the store, but I have yet to come across a bottle. I recently tried Colonel E. H. Taylor. It's a very nice barrel proof sipping bourbon. Distilled by Buffalo Trace I believe.

New years eve pre-game, a cup of Twining's Earl Grey Classic, bowl of McClelland Oriental 14 in a Stanwell Nanna S3, and a touch of Aberlour 12 that I've been saving.

New years eve will be scrabble, hot dogs and cookies with the kids, accompanied by whatever is left of this bottle of Aberlour. Will be in bed long before the clock strikes 12, but we might make the Times Square ball on television at 9, thanks to the time difference. 8)

Dave_In_Philly":g81n7bhn said:
DrumsAndBeer":g81n7bhn said:
Jefferson's Presidential 18 Year Old bourbon, courtesy of my brother-in-law. Amazing stuff.

I was able to snag a 20 y.o. Pappy here in Sherwood Park of all places, a couple of months ago.

I did a side by side of Jefferson's Reserve and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 y.o. a while ago, and I must say that Jefferson's Reserve held it's own. I haven't come across Jefferson's Presidential 18, but when I do, I'll snag it :lol:

Ardbeg 10.
I'm always surprised at how pale this single malt is.
And also how tasty it is...
By the color, it just doesn't seem like it should have so much flavor.
I'm not complaining.

Harlock999":pnzhr7ic said:
Ardbeg 10.
I'm not complaining.
My favorite peated Islay (though I haven't yet tried them all...). Just edges out Lagavulin simply because I enjoy it's bold character and raucous nature a little more than I do Lagavulin's grace and balance. It's an entertaining dram.

Presently sipping a touch of cheap brandy, trying to fall back asleep. A relentless headcold has left me drinkless and smokeless for 3 days, and after konking out at 6:30 from the cold meds I find myself wide awake at 1:30 in the morning :x

Puff Daddy":y2l5cyl1 said:
Harlock999":y2l5cyl1 said:
Ardbeg 10.
I'm not complaining.
My favorite peated Islay (though I haven't yet tried them all...). Just edges out Lagavulin simply because I enjoy it's bold character and raucous nature a little more than I do Lagavulin's grace and balance. It's an entertaining dram.

Presently sipping a touch of cheap brandy, trying to fall back asleep. A relentless headcold has left me drinkless and smokeless for 3 days, and after konking out at 6:30 from the cold meds I find myself wide awake at 1:30 in the morning :x
Hope you're feeling better!
Funny that at my local liquor store, a place where you can get everything from Everclear to $799 bottles of Scotch, Ardbeg and Laphraoig are now equal in price.
I guess I had gotten a little used to Laphraoig's lower price point...

Last spring Trader Joes was selling Laphroaig for $31, now it's $40. Best price I'd found recently on Ardbeg was $54 at total wine, I don't recall seeing it lower than that this year anywhere near here. Trader Joes is pretty consistent with rotating one nice single malt on sale at a time. Recently it's been Old Pultney at $27, which is very good whisky at a really good price.

Cold meds are kickin in, feelin a little bit better. House full of kids, these things are guaranteed to happen.

Down here, the two Islays are competing at $49.00...
Blame that Reno trip for the cold.
Who knows what germs they cultivate over there... 8)

Kyle knows, he prolly found out I was coming and set a trap of bacteria that would flourish down here on the balmy valley floor. Villain! :x

I was cruising the wall of scotch at Total Wine a couple days before Christmas, they had a 40 year old Macallan for $2900.00. :shock:

i-sZsQZZC-L.jpg

A very exceptional white wine made by a gentle craftswoman in France. My last bottle of 2009. The 2010 wasn't as good, but I guess I'll have to pick up a few.

Kicking some Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice with it...nice combo.

deepbass9":oaiu37pn said:
A very exceptional white wine made by a gentle craftswoman in France. My last bottle of 2009. The 2010 wasn't as good, but I guess I'll have to pick up a few.

Kicking some Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice with it...nice combo.
Nice Tiger you have in your avatar. I have a orange XC myself.

Last night, A Guinness or two... and for tonight, I'm thinking about picking up some Founders Porter. (Dark, Rich, and Sexy).

What would you guys recommend for a single malt irish whiskey?

GuitarMyFriend":qiez10h0 said:
Last night, A Guinness or two... and for tonight, I'm thinking about picking up some Founders Porter. (Dark, Rich, and Sexy).

What would you guys recommend for a single malt irish whiskey?

For Irish Whiskey, I would recommend this. A little pricey, but it is some very good juice!
i-2g53wb4-L.jpg