What do you collect besides pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlong

Reaction score
I like old Lionel trains. Like this 203 switcher from 1940. After a good cleaning and replacement of frayed wires, it runs like a bat out of hell. It makes awesome electrical smell only a pipeman can appreciate.

203-1switcher.jpg

I used to collect guitars, vinyl, vintage clothes, toys, fezzes...
I do have a problem :roll:

Harlock999":n56v7g54 said:
I used to collect guitars, vinyl, vintage clothes, toys, fezzes...
I do have a problem :roll:
Fezzes? Yes, you have a problem. We draw the line at fezzes. ;) :D

Synthesizers, strange music, books, guns. All piss-poor collections compared to the next guy who does the same, but they suit me fine. 8)

If I had the money for it I would be collecting guns, especially military. Since I don't : I collect coins, knives, rocks and gems, dragon statues ,wildlife decorations (that even invaded my pipe collection a bit) and books on hunting and fishing soon to be trapping as well. Yea I know kinda odd but my eclectic personality keeps me interesting :cheers: :lol:

I have a small collection of old fishing tackle , some of it has some value , most of it is just stuff I like.

Currently, just tiki mugs.

I used to collect sneakers, and still have many of them. If I can get my ebay act together, maybe that'll change.

Mozjo33":0v89ac1f said:
My other dirty little secret...watches
Watches are cool. I used to work for Skagen doing repairs and design. I'd love to collect a few more clocks, myself.

I don't know if I actively collect anything. I have a lot of man stuff, guitars, guns, knives, fishing gear, pipes, cigars, Zippos, cameras, Apple computers, tools, etc. Most of it is way over the top of what you would need just to enjoy it as a hobby. But I can't say that I am an active collector of any of it.

Post War (WWII) German fountain pens and Parker Vacumatics and 51's for the past 30 years though not as many in the last few years. They got "fashionable" and prices have gone to ridiculass levels for crap that's being offered today. I USE what I collect so have been picky as to what I spend my collecting $s on. But I have enjoyed many of the folks I've met over the years of collecting. :p

Hunter5117":6yozva83 said:
I don't know if I actively collect anything. I have a lot of man stuff, guitars, guns, knives, fishing gear, pipes, cigars, Zippos, cameras, Apple computers, tools, etc. Most of it is way over the top of what you would need just to enjoy it as a hobby. But I can't say that I am an active collector of any of it.
Brings up a question,,,in order to be a collector do you have to actively seek out the object, or just someday take a look around your casa and see a shitload of a particular item.

collector = voluntary

Amasser = collection by accident

Hoarder = my wife

Mark: to me, the list is synonymous, and it depends on the outside observer. As for self-declaration, call yourself a "connoisseur." 8)