What do you collect besides pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ocelot55":32dohg9t said:
beetlejazz":32dohg9t said:
By the way, back in the day when I was a suspect in an arson case, I was described in a local magazine to have been "armed with an umbrella". :lol: Been wondering ever since if I should put that in my CV...
I knew it! You must have been the real KGB agent that assassinated Georgi Markov!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/poison-umbrella-murder-case-is-reopened-851022.html
Hey, we haven't even talked about politics yet, and you're already calling me KGB? That's cold, brother!

:lol!:

Simple Man":teljohem said:
1978... I think this is where your theory falls apart. :lol:
Time traveling, KGB, umbrella collecting, pipe smoking, merchant of death woman.

Yes, it all make perfect sense. :lol:

I collect art and books. My wife and I live pretty simply, so I buy almost all of my books second hand, and the art we get is from friends that are artists that will trade for my paintings or my wife's sculptures or photos

rev

Besides pipes? Tins full of tobacco. :D

Actually I used to collect vintage drums and cymbals, but no longer. It was fun because I actually used every instrument in my collection at one time or another. I have since parted way with most of all my collection with exception of 3 specific snare drums, and some Gretsch, Yamaha and Slingerland drums that I still gig and practice with regularly. Most of the all the cymbals I have now are modern Turkish made models.

At its height, my collection was rather accidental. Kind of the thing that happens when you've been doing something for close to 30 years. One day it dawned on me that I had way too much stuff that wasn't being used enough, so out they went.

It actually felt really good clearing the band room out of unused gear. Helped cover the cost of some pipes and baccy too. 8)

beetlejazz":az1uee5a said:
?.. back in the day when I was a suspect in an arson case
There's a story I think we'd like to hear.

Uh, I was lighting my pipe and accidentally dropped my match. Sorry :pale: :lol:

Stamps as a boy. Then fishing tackle and guns. Records. Pipes (take that as using the word "lot" in ebay searches). Now its just aches and pains!

I have guns, guitars, pipes, pipe tobacco and snuff. I really don't consider myself a collector of any of them. Tattoos maybe...that is the one thing I've paid for that I will always have. :lol:

...Fountain pens, certain books, selective Native American items...by in large, pipes are my main collection interest... :cheers:

We had two West Highland Terriers (now one) and collect old Westie figurines, etc. I'll have to take a snap of our curio cabinet.

I work for Roy Rogers Restaurants and collect odds and ends of his collectibles, books, etc.

gravel":uj7chx0s said:
Tears of exotic animals
I'm pretty sure Kaplan is in the market for Werewolf and Unicorn tears...or so the whisper goes.

Fly Tying / Fishing Gear ...

P1310837.jpg

P1310838.jpg

P1310839.jpg

A few examples :

Coffin Fly - Wulf Style

P1310844.jpg

SteelHead Tube

P1310841.jpg

Traditional Spey tied on a Blind Eye Hook with Silk Gut Eye

P1310836.jpg

Shitty Pic of a FeatherWing

P1310835.jpg

If I'm drinking and smoking I'm tying in the garage.....

P3070871.jpg

Some Drunken Dry Flies from that session

P3070873.jpg

P3070874.jpg

P3070875.jpg

P3070878.jpg

So yeah. i have no pictures of the rods. There's lots of em....... I have a problem. But I swear, They all have their particular uses. Some even particular streams.....

There's more tying stuff than pictured, but I don't have pictures of my bins's contents. So that's just a very general overview.