What foods do you eat everyday?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coffeecream.jpg

<a href='/u3406' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: leacha'>@leacha</a>":5llv9cko said:
With every pipe, 3 times a day, cold in the summer and hot in the winter! ;)

Yup, coffee....that's without saying. A major staple in life for most people.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I have a rotating regular eating schedule. Tortas probably three times a week. There's a torta stand within walking distince anywhere here in the DF....

Also hot dogs and burgers are always stocked in the fridge. Kids and i love 'em because they're just so damn easy.

I've been on a very long run of crunchy peanut butter, grape jam, and 6" flour tortillas (the fluffier, thicker type; not the thin, flakey type). I keep forgetting to grab cold pickles to roll into them. One of the finest culinary combos I've ever experienced is peanut butter and dill pickles.* It's better with honey than jam, but I'll do either.

*like potato chips + yellow mustard

<a href='/u1210' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Zeno Marx'>@Zeno Marx</a>":rz1p1dqf said:
I've been on a very long run of crunchy peanut butter, grape jam, and 6" flour tortillas (the fluffier, thicker type; not the thin, flakey type).   I keep forgetting to grab cold pickles to roll into them.  One of the finest culinary combos I've ever experienced is peanut butter and dill pickles.*  It's better with honey than jam, but I'll do either.

OK, you've piqued my curiosity. It sounds horrific, but will have to try it. Don't want to be held liable for contempt prior to investigation.

<a href='/u4083' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: BriarBeagle'>@BriarBeagle</a>":jzjo9wws said:
<a href='/u1210' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Zeno Marx'>@Zeno Marx</a>":jzjo9wws said:
I've been on a very long run of crunchy peanut butter, grape jam, and 6" flour tortillas (the fluffier, thicker type; not the thin, flakey type).   I keep forgetting to grab cold pickles to roll into them.  One of the finest culinary combos I've ever experienced is peanut butter and dill pickles.*  It's better with honey than jam, but I'll do either.

OK, you've piqued my curiosity.  It sounds horrific, but will have to try it.  Don't want to be held liable for contempt prior to investigation.
Used to eat PB and sliced dill pickles frequently as a kid. Great combo, don't knock it till you've tried it.

Sadly these days I try and stay away from high sodium stuff like dill pickles due to hypertension. And salt-free PB is pretty good once you get used to it!

Cheers,

RR

PB& preserves on a whole wheat wrap. Now I have to give the dill pickle version a try. Thanks Zeno for the recommendation.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I neglected to mention that the cold, crisp dill pickle variety is a better marriage than the heat-cured sort. You know, the one you find in the refrigerated section rather than on a shelf in the room temp aisle.

<a href='/u1210' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Zeno Marx'>@Zeno Marx</a>":919d9moc said:
I neglected to mention that the cold, crisp dill pickle variety is a better marriage than the heat-cured sort.  You know, the one you find in the refrigerated section rather than on a shelf in the room temp aisle.
Yes this. Used to buy a jar of Claussen Dills/week. Always crunchy and yummy. Sadly they have too much sodium for me anymore!  :|

51JhvQMB8NL._AC_US160_.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Sounded like an absolutely horrible combination but, like Briar Beagle, didn't want to be accused of knocking it till I tried it.  Must admit I found it surprisingly good.  Peanut butter and crunchy dills, who would have thunk it?  :afro:

Ahh, I think ya'll are pregnant....lol. My Mom as a child enjoyed banana and butter sandwiches.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

The closest I come to eating the same thing every day is fresh fruit and yogurt (or some kind of cultured milk, like filmjölk or kefir) for breakfast. It’s not every day, but typically about five days per week.

I cut up two or three different kinds of fruit, usually picked from the back yard garden, depending on what's in season. Right now we have strawberries, blueberries, and Ana apples, but at various other times we have figs, Fuyu persimmons, Moro blood oranges, Dancy tangerines, peaches, boysenberries, cherries, Fuji and Gala apples.

I guess that's one good thing about living in Southern Commiefornia; stuff grows year-round. I supplement with store-bought fruits as needed.

I top the fruit with home made yogurt, filmjölk, or kefir, chopped pecans, cinnamon, and a few dashes of nutmeg. Yummm!

I drink some kind of tea every day: red tea (commonly known as “black tea”), green tea, white tea, oolong, pu-erh...there are hundreds of kinds of tea (Camellia sinensis)...thousands when you add all the different cultivars...not to mention herbal teas.

I also drink black coffee—not every day, but most days. Typically I alternate between French roast and what I call frou-frou (flavored) coffee. Sprouts Farmers Market has an excellent organic English Toffee whole bean coffee. I prefer to grind whole beans.

I’m a firm believer in variety, especially where food is concerned. I learned long ago that eating the same food day after day (for me, anyway; YMMV) is an excellent way to develop food allergies. But that’s not advice; everyone’s different.

newjok10.png

We've been following the Paleo diet since February and I've lost about 20 lbs. on it. One of my daily favorites would be bananas. I think their probably the most portable and agreeable snacks for me personally.

Frank

I know, I'm weird, I have always enjoyed oatmeal. When prepared properly. So, now my cholesterol is high due to a new med I'm on, now eating steel cut oatmeal with flaxseed on a daily basis. With any type of fresh berries. Oatmeal at its best with fresh ? peaches ?. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

<a href='/u4072' rel='nofollow' title='Viewing profile: Lonecoyote'>@Lonecoyote</a>":6uj2p9bo said:
I know, I'm weird, I have always enjoyed oatmeal....
What's weird about that? I eat oats ~3 to 5 days per week.

newjok10.png

Vito, thanks for your support :cheers:

Nobody else in my family enjoys fresh Oatmeal or even steel cut. Only one friend back in NY that I know of eats Oatmeal. 
Guess EVERYONE else is weird :lol!:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!