What is Your Favorite Cornell & Diehl Blend?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy Bud, Autum Evening,Habana Daydream. Haunted Bookshop,and OJK I'll re-visit this summer, OJK was mean to me last fall :evil:

Wow! Less than a day and there's two pages of replies ...

NOT that I'm tabulating. NOT that this is a tobacco ratings contests. Still, you may be interested to know that Billy Budd came out on top (+7), one ahead of Star of the East, followed by both Autumn Evening and Exhausted Rooster, with a total of twenty-seven favorable mentions and two, well ...

I do know about the Cornell & Diehl - G.L. Pease connection and appreciate the clarification. Am interested in exploring both, but with so many great names alone, it will take some time to learn the literary meanings behind C & D alone.

We'll see what responses follow and thanks for your replies!

(With Polynesian music, RC Maple & Tsuge, it must be "bright moment" time to finish up the last "Byzantium" bowl :cherry: )

Cordial and Opening Night are above average, but Epiphany is simply the best in its genre.

Bayou Morning is a very good VaPer. It improves quickly with age. I am anxious to see what a few years does to it.

At first I did not care for Old Joe Krantz. Now I crave it.

Another vote for Epiphany. The name alone (and it's supposed history of it's evolution from Einstein's favorite, Revelation) give it an aura of sophistication that we educated, cultured, tweed sports jackets with leather patch elbows kind of gentlemen appreciate! :roll:

It's a straight, easy to smoke, honest blend, and it mixes well with so many other tobaccos. It's my #1 mixing blend.

Natch

oh great! another load of blends to try...

I like Autumn Evening and OJK, but I have many more to try.

Hands down.....Engine99. Smoking it now in a very large Nording freehand. None better for me

Exhausted Rooster, Guilford Courthouse and Sunday Picnic. I also like Epiphany and Billy Budd. They are nice smokes. However I prefer the GLP label for my Latakia fix.

I have many old jars of Bayou Morning.
Blockade Runner.
Opening Night.
Their Perique and Red Va. Flake are great for blending.

Always wanted to try the Blackberry Brandy but, I can't find a couple of ounces.

All very interesting (going to stop keeping count and pay attention more) ...
Sand18F, I've tried Newminster Blackberry Brandy and, well given my memory, it was probably worth trying again.
Funny though, no one has mentioned the one blend I have tried - "Byzantium".
Epiphany seems like a good choice, if not the top rank like Engine 99. I'll wait to see what else comes in. You guys are really into C & D!

I tried some Star of the east and it is also very good, IMHO engine99 is a bit better