What is your monthly 'bac consumption?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a lightweight, only 1 bowl a day for me. Mostly VaPer's.

It's interesting how a thread goes off to the clouds so to speak. I asked WHAT 'bac and HOW MUCH of it did the Bob's smoke in a month and about two/three responses down it becomes a "how many bowls a day doe you smoke?" Interesting :twisted:

I'm a lightweight too. I smoke about 3-4 bowls a week, which is much more than I used to smoke. I find myself wanting to smoke much more, but so far I've been able to fight off the desire fairly well.

Since I only smoke outside, the weather is a big factor for how much I smoke. Right now, the weather is perfect. It's normally about 65 outside at night (which is when I smoke) with a light breeze. When it's blazzin' hot my desire to smoke goes down.

Oh, and to answer more correctly as pointed out above.... I smoke a wide variety including aromatics and non. With the little amount I smoke, it would be pretty pointless to list how much of each.

monbla256":3nc09b8z said:
It's interesting how a thread goes off to the clouds so to speak. I asked WHAT 'bac and HOW MUCH of it did the Bob's smoke in a month and about two/three responses down it becomes a "how many bowls a day doe you smoke?" Interesting :twisted:
Michael, I don't track this as accurately as you'd like. All I can offer is that it averages to 3 bowls/day M-F and maybe 4/day on the weekends. Dunno what that works out to on a pure oz/lb basis. Nor do I care. <shrug>

As far as what goes into the pipe, I'm all over the map.

However I do tend to stick with P&W #78 or Churchill after supper, followed by something like 2015 (w/15% added Perique), Night Train, Stone Haven, Revor Plug, Sammy G's Navy Flake, or 5100 as a final bowl.

:drunken:

HTH

Cheers,

RR

I guess 'cause I only smoke 4 to 5 at most 'bacs it's probably easier for me to "track" And being on a fixed income as I am, staying within a narrow framwork so to speak would be easier to "track" on a regular basis. I have x amt of $s for my "habit" ( NOT a hobby :twisted: ) and smoking this way helps. I've done it this way all the years I smoked even when I had more disposable income ( But I did buy pipes :p ). I just thought everyone did the same :p

I'd probably weigh in at about a pound a month. Give or take.

I've never really done an accurate assesment. I smoke on and off during the day. Probably anywhere between 5-10 bowls on any given day. I rarely smoke the same tobacco two times in a row either.

Assuming a bowl is .10oz. I use .0 to .4oz in a week. If a month is 4.33 weeks, my consumption is up to 1.7oz per month.

Since I'm an outdoor/garage guy, my consumption varies due to environment. Hay fever also drastically reduces my consumption to nil.

Lately I've been sampling the Frogs, but I have some MC 2000 and Patton's Crossroads as my winter go to bacs. I usually prefer English blends in the winter, but these two have been hitting the spot for me. Since I was one of the latest bombing recipients, I have more sample bags to try, so my limited smokes will be spents with more than what was mentioned above.

At my rate of consumption, having a surplus is effortless.

3-4 oz a month when teaching, up to 6 any time I don't have classes

Reporting in at the bottom of the totem pole at 1-2 bowls per month.

Yeah, pretty measly, I know.... :oops:

Low tobacco consumption is nothing to apologize for.

I admire you guys that have restraint and no addiction.

Unlike me :lol:

Twelve to fourteen ounces per month average with more in warm months, less in cold ones.

during the week one or two a day in the evening, but I like to start the day with a VA and finish the night off with an English blend seems lately I keep reaching for Engine99, on the weekend just depends on how busy I am, I usually start the morning with some Plumcake with my coffee, and then the sky is the limit from there

A year ago I was averaging around 3-5 bowls per day. These days I'm averaging around 6-8 bowls per week.

My latest little Circle of Blends:

Vaper:

PS Bullseye, Marlin Flake

Virginia:

FVF, Xmas Cheer, Royal Yacht (finished only tin last week).

Burley:

C&D Burley Flake No, 2

HO:

Irish Flake

Lat:

Nothing out now

50-60 grams/ month.

What I smoke varies greatly, and except for a single instance where I bought a half pound of Stonehaven, I typically buy no more than 50-100 grams at a time.

I'm always trying new blends, so what I'm puffing varies greatly, but some of my favorite smokes are:

1- Marlin Flake ***** The tastiest tobacco ever produced
2- Storm Front
3- VA Spice
4- Sweet and Savory
5- Trout Stream
6- Carter Hall
7- Kendal Plug
8- Artisan Blend
9- Odyssey
10- 191
11- Rum Cake
12- Essence of Vermont

I smoke a lot, maybe 5-9 bowls a day, of various shapes and sizes. I also have a number of open blends from trades and my regular smokes. That makes it hard for me to figure out how much I smoke a month, but I imagine at least half a pound or more.