What made today worthwhile for you?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
No, this isn't a trick question.........

What made your day worthwhile, special, happy, unique, wonderful, or any other positive adjective?

And it's not specific to this day either. Maybe we can make this a sticky, to share something positive that's happened in out lives. And even if you don't relate to it, that's OK. Just go on and tell us something uplifting about your life.

OK, I'll go first. Composed a very exciting R&R tune today that has my head spinning. And I'll be recording this in due course for all to hear on BoB.

:D

Next.........

Cheers,

RR

Woke to a day of little to no pain and made a lazy day of it. :sleep:

Can't wait to hear it BD! ;)

For me, the last day at a 4 month long project. The family of deer were at the glass door waiting for me to come out, share morning coffee and a pipe. (Actually, they ate snow peas). The twins have grown a lot in the last few months. A final walk through and locked up. Sunday drive home on winding country roads, sunny, not too hot. Classical music composed by Frank Zappa on the radio playing.

Came home to gifts..... Happy wife......... Happy petting zoo critters..... Fresh fried egg sandwich and Amber Bock... Spaghetti for dinner, home made vanilla and almond ice cream for dessert.

Watching the Gremlins movies back to back and wandering the BoB website...

Life is excellent!

Stuff like this is what I live for: :x

You have to wonder what some people are thinking. These people who buy a large house on a corner lot (alomst the size of a double-lot in town), with a sidewalk all the way around the front and sides, and expect to get full-service lawn care for $25. When they bought that house, they should've expected someone to charge at least $50 to maintain that property = Edge, Trim, Cut, and Blow Off sidewalks & driveway. Either that or they would have to fork out at least 1-2k to buy a decent riding mower & trimmer so they can do it themselves. Offer them full-service lawn care for a fair price (actually I quoted too low) and their counter-offer is half of an already reasonable rate. Just because they work in a factory for $12/hr they think I will provide full-service lawn care for that. haha No!

Damn cheap skates I swear. For $25, they can do it themselves. And if they call me back after reconsidering or getting quotes from others - the rate just went up.

:twisted:

Rob_In_MO":xjyk1izj said:
Stuff like this is what I live for:  :x

You have to wonder what some people are thinking. These people who buy a large house on a corner lot (alomst the size of a double-lot in town), with a sidewalk all the way around the front and sides, and expect to get full-service lawn care for $25. When they bought that house, they should've expected someone to charge at least $50 to maintain that property = Edge, Trim, Cut, and Blow Off sidewalks & driveway. Either that or they would have to fork out at least 1-2k to buy a decent riding mower & trimmer so they can do it themselves. Offer them full-service lawn care for a fair price (actually I quoted too low) and their counter-offer is half of an already reasonable rate. Just because they work in a factory for $12/hr they think I will provide full-service lawn care for that. haha No!

Damn cheap skates I swear. For $25, they can do it themselves. And if they call me back after reconsidering or getting quotes from others - the rate just went up.

:twisted:
That wasn't Monbla's house was it?

Rob_In_MO":l0z0yxca said:
Cartaphilus":l0z0yxca said:
That wasn't Monbla's house was it?

Nah, that's a little too far for me to drive.  :lol!:
Hey! who's the young punk in the Avatar? ;)

Rob_In_MO":lc4wntgz said:
Cartaphilus":lc4wntgz said:
Hey! who's the young punk in the Avatar? ;)
Haha, I wish I felt that young.  :cry:
Heck, You don't know what old feels like yet, give it twenty more years. ;)

My two year old running up to me and giving me a hug. Usually I have to ask for one.

Great thread Rande!

...reflecting upon a rough camping weekend with my family in my favourite mountains in Blighty; the Rhinogs in Snowdonia.

Campfires, tents, fishing, climbing, exploring, talking, laughing, the mountains, several very satisfying bowls, all with my wife and two young children (8 and 5).  Yup, that was definitely worthwhile!

I just read the phrase: "Rhinogs of Snowdonia". Maybe I'm a closet Anglophile, but that phrase conjures images of unknown majesty in me like "Montana" does for non-Americans. Thank you, Mr Stick.

Stick":54yc6gkj said:
...reflecting upon a rough camping weekend with my family in my favourite mountains in Blighty; the Rhinogs in Snowdonia.
My favourite Mountain: :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q0JrV86EKCs" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

I managed to score my first W.O. Larsen, as well as an Aristocob for $10.50. For lunch, I had two pulled pork sandwiches, and a piece of pecan pie.

The highlight of the day, was when I discovered I finally cured my jock itch! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

George Kaplan":txpqb0n2 said:
I just read the phrase: "Rhinogs of Snowdonia". Maybe I'm a closet Anglophile, but that phrase conjures images of unknown majesty in me like "Montana" does for non-Americans. Thank you, Mr Stick.
Hey George,

To me the Rhinogs are a magical landscape.  They're a particularly rugged mountain range that aren't fully explored too often as they're so tricky to move through.  They're unforgiving.  But that's the attraction to me.  They give one a sense of a wild remoteness that demands respect.  Here's a pic of me with a group in the spring.  Just looking at the pics again has left me with a sense of yearning again!