What made today worthwhile for you?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch":svopzoh5 said:
The highlight of the day, was when I discovered I finally cured my jock itch! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
It's those simple things. Those are the best by far. :cheers:

Just started a week long vacation with the inlaws in SC. Had a seafood feast last night that hit the spot. Probably lots more to look forward to this week.

Rob_In_MO":9lz2j217 said:
What made today worthwhile for me?

I just started my upgrade for Level-3 Dragons on Clash of Clans.

:D
They are totally worth it! I'm just now upgrading my barbarians to level 5 because I ignored them once getting more powerful fighters.

juanmedusa":y5i7r33b said:
Just started a week long vacation with the inlaws in SC. Had a seafood feast last night that hit the spot. Probably lots more to look forward to this week.
Charleston? Myrtle? Either way, it's not too far from Greenville ;)

Today I am grateful for a job that is in a field that I enjoy. That is worthwhile.

Dutch":p6ljso97 said:
The highlight of the day, was when I discovered I finally cured my jock itch! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chris that is way too much information. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

AJ

MisterE":26exm5y8 said:
Dutch":26exm5y8 said:
Lemme guess Chris, was it this?

thumbnail.asp

It's supposed to do wonders for those, er, sorts of things.  :roll:

Cheers,

RR

Stick":42psobq0 said:
Great thread Rande!

...reflecting upon a rough camping weekend with my family in my favourite mountains in Blighty; the Rhinogs in Snowdonia.

Campfires, tents, fishing, climbing, exploring, talking, laughing, the mountains, several very satisfying bowls, all with my wife and two young children (8 and 5).  Yup, that was definitely worthwhile!

Sounds a splendid time David me lad. And I saw your pic you posted of the previous visit. Have any of the latest one, do you?

Cheers,

RR

kaitlyn3837":723v6erz said:
juanmedusa":723v6erz said:
Charleston? Myrtle? Either way, it's not too far from Greenville ;)

Today I am grateful for a job that is in a field that I enjoy. That is worthwhile.
Summerville near Charleston. We flew in so we're not too mobile and won't be driving back or I'd be asking the wife if we could hit it on the way. No doubt.

Stick":vjqeo01v said:
Great thread Rande!

...reflecting upon a rough camping weekend with my family in my favourite mountains in Blighty; the Rhinogs in Snowdonia.

Campfires, tents, fishing, climbing, exploring, talking, laughing, the mountains, several very satisfying bowls, all with my wife and two young children (8 and 5).  Yup, that was definitely worthwhile!
Glad you had a great time Stick. Always nice to be outdoors with your loved ones! :)

I'd have to say it was a good day, didn't even have to break out my ak. :afro: :lol!:
On a serious note, it was a good day. I woke up and had breakfast with my kids, a fresh cup of coffee and bowl of "Bobs Chocolate Flake". I just love that baccy with coffee or a hard rootbeer. That and "English Chocolate" is great as well. It's been too hot and muggy to really have a mid day bowl so I really have been looking forward to morning bowl and before bed bowl. So then I went to work on Labor Day, because time doesn't take the day off and work needs to be done. Plus I don't get paid holidays now that I'm self employed. Though I did cut the day short after 6 hours and went and spent the rest of the day with my family and inlaws and had a nice cook out and played some volleyball and frisbee. Now I'm tired and ready to get some much needed sleep, but I'm yearning to play my guitar and have a bowl of some "Deception Pass". Good stuff!
Have a good night all, and an even better tomorrow!
:cheers:

The weekend started bad Friday when my good old 25hp outboard blew up but today the black cloud that I've had over my head lifted and first thing today I got a very rare Castello "artifact" I bought a couple of weeks ago authenticated. Later my boys joined me in marching with my IUOE Local 139 Brothers marching in the Labor Day Parade and hopefully I won't wake up tomorrow to find my picture on the front page of the paper like last year. Later we got a long way on a seemingly endless landscape project. :shock:

Brewdude":klu4m3n6 said:
MisterE":klu4m3n6 said:
Dutch":klu4m3n6 said:
Lemme guess Chris, was it this?

thumbnail.asp

It's supposed to do wonders for those, er, sorts of things.  :roll:

Cheers,

RR
Rande, even medicated powder was no match for the truck stop shower variety. I had to get the closest thing to prescription I could buy over the counter, and even then it took 2 weeks to knock it out.

My advice would be, no matter how long it has been since you've had a shower, skip taking one at a truck stop. :affraid:

Brewdude":np67vbfr said:
Stick":np67vbfr said:
Great thread Rande!

Sounds a splendid time David me lad. And I saw your pic you posted of the previous visit. Have any of the latest one, do you?

Cheers,

RR
Here you are Rande...

Our humble camp amidst the mountains

'Billy' exploring

A traditional Welsh farmer's cottage

Dutch":oo9smy3q said:
My advice would be, no matter how long it has been since you've had a shower, skip taking one at a truck stop. :affraid:
You want an old timers advise that'll make your life livable????

Flip flops and bleach and your own towel.

Wear the flip flops from the truck, to the shower, around the truck stop, and back to the truck.

I carried a spray bottle of bleach in my shower duffle. As soon as I walked in I sprayed the shower, the sink area, and the clothes hooks basically anything I was going to touch.

Your own towel for obvious reasons.  When you get to the truck put it on a hanger and aim a vent at it to dry it so it doesn't get musky.

Problem solved.. I showered in some real dives including race track showers for the help and never had a problem.

puros_bran":33f18kly said:
Dutch":33f18kly said:
You want an old timers advise that'll make your life livable????

Flip flops and bleach and your own towel.

Wear the flip flops from the truck, to the shower, around the truck stop, and back to the truck.  

I carried a spray bottle of bleach in my shower duffle. As soon as I walked in I sprayed the shower, the sink area, and the clothes hooks basically anything I was going to touch.

Your own towel for obvious reasons.  When you get to the truck put it on a hanger and aim a vent at it to dry it so it doesn't get musky.

Problem solved.. I showered in some real dives including race track showers for the help and never had a problem.
Thanks for the advice Brandon. I already have the flip flops, but had never considered carrying in some bleach. I already have some in the truck, just need to get a spray bottle.

The towel idea is a good one too. Sometimes they take the towels out of the dryer before they are completely dry. Plus, I have noticed that truck stop towels never smell like soap, so I have often wondered if they sometimes skip washing them all together and just dry them.

The condition just creeped up on me, and it took awhile for me to figure it out. By the time I figured out a solution, I was spending far too much time in balzac management. Heck, I didn't even have enough free time to load a pipe, let alone smoke one. :|

Stick":aci2gq2z said:
Here you are Rande...

Our humble camp amidst the mountains

'Billy' exploring

A traditional Welsh farmer's cottage

Lovely stuff David. Thanks ever so much for taking the time to post these. I especially love the Welsh Farmers cottage. You lot must've had a grand time an' all!

:bom:

Cheers,

RR

The schools teach the bare minimum to get you legal and the companies have what amounts to trainees training...

Lots and lots of people that drive for a living, but not many Truckers left.

I don't aim that at you friend. Deregulation and the ever increasing noose being tightened around the drivers neck destroyed what was once a good gig.
When I started it was considered rude to not have your cb on, to pass a broke down driver, to cut a load line, to park in a fuel island.
When I was put out the truck it had got to the point where no one would give you a bear report or tell you about a back-up or if the coupes was open or nothing. Nobody even hollered on the cb to see if a driver was okay because most trucks don't even have cb's and it's no big deal to park on the fuel island for a '30 minute' break..because backing into a hole is too hard.

And I still sit here pining because I want to get back out there.. Hard headed idiot. Lol