What made today worthwhile for you?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned that my daughter and son-in-law are pregnant. To celebrate this evening, I took a wee drop of Irish reviver, a pipe loaded with Uhle's Irish Aromatic, and a pair of binocs out to admire the Pleiades rising in the perfectly clear, star-filled Eastern sky. Glorious.

Woke up Saturday morning to find all the snow shoveled from my walk and porch, and my car scraped free of ice. I have a suspect in mind, but if they want to be anonymous, so be it.

KevinM":lp1sht3q said:
I learned that my daughter and son-in-law are pregnant.  To celebrate this evening, I took a wee drop of Irish reviver, a pipe loaded with Uhle's Irish Aromatic, and a pair of binocs out to admire the Pleiades rising in the perfectly clear, star-filled Eastern sky. Glorious.
Sounds like your son-in-law is going to make medical history. Big congrats to your daughter though !! :twisted: George was good to see your back ! We are FINALLY getting some rain and are supposed to get more ALL this coming week ! Water is always good down here !! :twisted: :twisted:

leacha":u4ug1era said:
My two year old running up to me and giving me a hug. Usually I have to ask for one.
That's ALWAYS good.......even when they get older it doesn't stop feeling special. ;)

Just learned that my large and long running album project is finally headed to the mastering phase. So the finish line is finally within sight.

Even then, I'll need to approve the proof copy and make tweaks if necessary. After that it'll be headed to the CD replication folks and that will take additional time.

Yet, I'm very encouraged by this news. All the graphics are ready to go so that won't delay it.

So ya, that made my day!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

:cheers:
Brewdude":76qhq95y said:
Just learned that my large and long running album project is finally headed to the mastering phase. So the finish line is finally within sight.

Even then, I'll need to approve the proof copy and make tweaks if necessary. After that it'll be headed to the CD replication folks and that will take additional time.

Yet, I'm very encouraged by this news. All the graphics are ready to go so that won't delay it.

So ya, that made my day!

Cheers,

RR
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozark Wizard":qxwqh3f8 said:
Brewdude":qxwqh3f8 said:

So ya, that made my day!

Cheers,

RR
Yesirree........and actually the first half of this epic adventure has already gone through the mastering phase and approved. It's the second half that has proven to be a bit more of a challenge for various reasons I won't go into just now. Suffice to say that this is a 3+ yr project that has taken on a life of its own.

And while that may seem a bit excessive time-wise to some, this musical lark is something I pursue in my spare time from the brewery. And often that can be all-consumptive.

Yet this truly is a labor of love, and will be so worth it in the end. Clearly the most ambitious project I've ever undertaken.

In the meantime I've put my website back up, iffen you're interested-

www.randereed.com

Cheers,

RR

Congratulations sir, I know your a happy man! ;)

Congrats Rande I know it's been a long haul for you on this project.

This pales by comparison to other events people have related, but I am easily pleased...

I had the first dentist's appointment in probably 30 years where I did not get the "keep an eye on these pockets" lecture with the gums. I asked the hygienist if she was just getting tired of it or if I had turned some corner. She said it was actually two appointments in a row that were this way. She must have given me a mini-lecture last time just out of habit...

Brewdude":l2mhr9ne said:
Ozark Wizard":l2mhr9ne said:
Brewdude":l2mhr9ne said:

So ya, that made my day!

Cheers,

RR
Yesirree........and actually the first half of this epic adventure has already gone through the mastering phase and approved. It's the second half that has proven to be a bit more of a challenge for various reasons I won't go into just now. Suffice to say that this is a 3+ yr project that has taken on a life of its own.

And while that may seem a bit excessive time-wise to some, this musical lark is something I pursue in my spare time from the brewery. And often that can be all-consumptive.

Yet this truly is a labor of love, and will be so worth it in the end. Clearly the most ambitious project I've ever undertaken.

www.randereed.com

Cheers,

RR
After a few last minute delays and hiccups, just approved the final masters for this epic adventure.

So it'll be sent in to the CD replication company sometime this week. Huge milestone!

In the meantime, I've begun work on the next project - an all instrumental Surf album. Plus the next acoustic project, as well as a "misc" album.

:cherry:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":8dc632aj said:
Ozark Wizard":8dc632aj said:

So ya, that made my day!

Cheers,

RR

www.randereed.com

Cheers,

RR
After a few last minute delays and hiccups, just approved the final masters for this epic adventure.

So it'll be sent in to the CD replication company sometime this week. Huge milestone!

In the meantime, I've begun work on the next project - an all instrumental Surf album. Plus the next acoustic project, as well as a "misc" album.

Cheers,

RR
GOAL!!!!!!

May sound silly to most of you, but...last night and early this morning we received several hours of much-needed rain :D After being deluged with aqua last year, this year started off dry. Four inches behind normal before the water came down yesterday!! Cleared out the pollen, settled the dust, and just smells wonderful from all that ozone :) Hopefully more coming this afternoon!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Ozark Wizard":dbrr8h9u said:
Brewdude":dbrr8h9u said:
Ozark Wizard":dbrr8h9u said:

So ya, that made my day!

Cheers,

RR

www.randereed.com

Cheers,

RR

Cheers,

RR
GOAL!!!!!!

Yes, it cleared all final hurdles and went into production this past Fri. Still can't even believe it.

Discmakers says it'll be finished on or about Monday 4/25, as 6 business days is their norm. And then I'll get a shipping update. So hope to have this in hand around the first of May.

I'll thoroughly vet it first of course before "officially" releasing this, as I've had one or two projects with significant glitches in the past.

In the meantime I've been enjoying the final masters this past weekend. If it come out like this that's all I can hope for.

Watch for a future post about this, probably in the community in action forum.

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR

Worked out some harmonies on the upcoming surf project this weekend. Pretty happy with the results. Some of them are challenging but I'm up for the task!

Cheers,

RR

Time revive this thread. What made today worthwhile for you? I'll go first.

Just an ordinary day at the brewery, but got everything done. No breakdowns or drama. Just a good day.

Also wrote out the cello chart on one of the acoustic tunes I composed the other day. Had to transcribe this into bass cleff which the celloist will need, and that isn't my forte but think I got it right! We'll see.

Also smoked several fine bowls.

What made today worthwhile for you?

:?:

Cheers,

RR

I was able to sleep for more then 4 hours and woke around 6:30AM.
Day went as most, coffee, bowl of Escudo, worked a little on a pipe.
Nothing exciting or even extra ordinary but, No Tornadoes were spotted and I got through the day not having to cuss about anything.

I started the day with a bowl of Ozark Wizard's Pebble Castle. If you want a good day then it's very important to begin with some good tobacco. Pebble Castle is much better than good, it's delicious beyond description. Later when I was rearranging my tobacco cellar I discovered a tin Of Blakeney's Best Tawney Flake that was packaged in 2006. That's enough to make any pipe smoker ecstatic and fill the rest of his day with gladness. It's now nearing 10 PM and I'm still alive. For me that's a notable accomplishment. I've spent almost the entire day playing with the tobacco in my stash, discovering blends that I had forgotten I had, and smoking some of the best tobacco on the planet. No doubt I've had a rather good day. :)

AJ