What's a good morning smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfactor87

Reaction score
Hi there. I was just wondering what everyone thinks is a good morning smoke, that is, if they do smoke in the morning? I have a 45 minute drive to work quite early every morning and was hoping to get some good suggestions as to what might be a good wake up call in the morning?

Thanks,

Matt

I often enjoy a latakia or oriental/Va blend. Nice and easy in the morning and go well with coffee. I tend to save the stronger Virginia blends for the evenings.

Natch

Mac Baren Club Blend.

or Presbyterian Mixture.

If one of those isn't the answer, you're asking the wrong question.

Trick question, it's different for everyone! That said, I LOVE University Flake with a strong cuppa joe. Java cuppa reality, mon!

Agreed a trick question, I dig va based blends, Lat blends I smoke after diner in the evenings, Burley in between!

C&D Good Morning has become a firm favorite of mine, goes great with coffee, love it! :heart:

Puff Daddy":jzxyd03o said:
There's always

Whatever goes good with your morning choice of beverage.
Yea PD, brilliant man, us bottom feeders need to settle for AM pipe, the generic equivalent!!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

CAO Brazilia.. Padron 1964 maddy... RASS...

Cigars kinda coat your tongue with a thicker smoke.. I don't know if its real or placebo but it seems to cut the tongue bite...

If I start with a pipe its Esoterica Penzance or
Gawith Hoggarth & Co Dark Flake.. Much for the same reason.. Thicker,meatier smoke.

puros_bran":af3cv6iw said:
CAO Brazilia.. Padron 1964 maddy... RASS...

Cigars kinda coat your tongue with a thicker smoke.. I don't know if its real or placebo but it seems to cut the tongue bite...

If I start with a pipe its Esoterica Penzance or
Gawith Hoggarth & Co Dark Flake.. Much for the same reason.. Thicker,meatier smoke.
Interesting take PB!!

Prince Albert, Carter Hall, Walnut. Any of the old codger American burleys are great first thing in the morning, especially with coffee.

chelsea morning has been my morning smoke on the way to work, but sometimes on an empty stomach the nicotine has me spinning by the time i pull in. just switched to mac barons club blend. great a.m. smoke, just a tiny bit of nicotine, is great with coffee. i'm sold. (chelsea morning is a great mild english and a good way to go if you've got the nicotine licked!)

bruins":0t6pbgfk said:
if you've got the nicotine licked!

Trust me if they made Nicotine licking blocks like they do Salt blocks for cows I'd be all over it...
The closest I've found has been those 'Stop Smoking' certs.... Great for when you run out of pipe,cig,dip,snuss,snuff, etc etc but otherwise pretty useless.

Hunter5117":6i50v4y1 said:
Prince Albert, Carter Hall, Walnut. Any of the old codger American burleys are great first thing in the morning, especially with coffee.
Oh yea hunter!!!! :cheers:

Proper English is my favorite but also Chelsea Morning, Presbyterian, EMP, Good Morning and AM Pipe

+ 1 for Chelsea Morning. I also have enjoyed Escudo, and Bald Headed Teacher (burley blend) in the AM.

I prefer my heavy English blends for the evening.

What a great question.

Generally for me it's something that doesn't have a big nicotine kick (no super strong virginias or burleys mainly), because I am smoking on an empty stomach.

Generally I like penzance or chelsea morning (haha), like the other guys said.

Matt, what do you like to smoke?
Ordinarily here it is a Virginia in the mornings. For a needed wake up call it'll be Stonehaven for me, Brown Rope for the wife.

grumpy1":7m3tfwfr said:
Matt, what do you like to smoke?
Ordinarily here it is a Virginia in the mornings. For a needed wake up call it'll be Stonehaven for me, Brown Rope for the wife.
no wonder you're grumpy! that would knock me under the table, brother!!! (and i'm not messin' with your wife. what does she smoke at lunch, live crocodile?)