What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a bottle of Old Forester Friday evening. One of the best cheap bourbons around. Had a few ounces Fri and again Sat. Good stuff on ice.

Basil Hayden's was my last purchase.

Johnny Blue was my last gift received. Gonna age this one in the bottle til a special occasion rears it's head.

Last whisky purchased -- with no "e" was the Yamazaki 18. Incredible stuff. I normally am partial to the Macallan 18 --- or at least use to be when it came out with proper vintages -- but it is way too pricey. Yamazaki 18 for the price is a relative bargain but I'll bet it will go up.

I used to have some tasting notes, if I find them I'll post them here.

Sante!

thedeep":stlogj2c said:
Picked up a bottle of Old Forester Friday evening. One of the best cheap bourbons around. Had a few ounces Fri and again Sat. Good stuff on ice.
For my favorite cheap bourbon I look no further than Ezra Brooks. Incredibly smooth, almost like rye.

My favorite cheapy is Beam Black Label. Woodford Reserve is an all time favorite. Anyone who has a chance to run by the distillery, the tour is worth the trip... AWESOME time, gorgeous part of the country. Off the sauce for lent, contemplating my first drink b/c St. Pats is a free day. Wife's coworker is having a wedding. Believing a man is the son of God, and comes back from the dead: that is faith. A Catholic not drinking at an Open Bar on St. Patrick's Day? Now you are just being silly.

Drinking some right now on the rocks. I really like this whiskey.
Makers%2Bmark.jpeg" style="width: 290;height: 283

I just completed a 30 day motorcycle tour of Alaska from Oregon and we always had some whisky in the panniers.

Prices up north tend to be very steep (for everything) so we stuck to the lower price points and often enjoyed some tasty whisky after a long day's ride.

Fav's of the trip:

Bulleit
Old Grandad
George Dickel

Buffalo Trace and a bottle of Bulleit Rye. Both are excellent. I also recently sampled some Colonel Taylor while I was in SF. Superb cask strength Bourbon.

:cheers:

Harlock999":jq2zkj0i said:
A new bottle of Laphroaig 10.

I'm about to pour the last of my current supply... I need to go whisky shopping!

(and Port shopping)

s.ireland":6aa333mk said:
:cheers:

Harlock999":6aa333mk said:
A new bottle of Laphroaig 10.

I'm about to pour the last of my current supply... I need to go whisky shopping!

(and Port shopping)
Ahh, port!
I need some as well...

Just picked up a bottle of delicious 12 year old Caol Isla. Pleasantly smoky and peaty, but not quite as campfire-like as Laphroaig.

Lupulus":jn0umzl9 said:
Just picked up a bottle of delicious 12 year old Caol Isla. Pleasantly smoky and peaty, but not quite as campfire-like as Laphroaig.
I enjoyed a bottle recently, but I do prefer Laphroaig, by a considerable margin.
The Isla was definitely spicier, with more of a bitter finish, to my taste.