What's with the ads?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedigital

Reaction score
Are you guys seeing it too? Just logged on and bam we have been invaded by ad banners!! Maybe the mods or Jason can give us the low down. If they were pipe or baccy related I'd say cool but they are pretty garish to say the least. :x

I'm not seeing any, but I'm running Firefox with AdBlock, so I don't see too many banners as I browse.

Buddy

ZeroContent":9evo9haz said:
At least its not a donkey show.
At least a donkey show has some asses, this is really kak (crap) I just got one saying "make my baby" WTF :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

my says that ciera from victoria secret has sent me a message. i bet! btw way, i know victoria's secret. she was a whore!

hey jason, if we need these banners to pay the bills, so be it. otherwise, they're quite intrusive and annoying. and i keep accidentally clicking on it! grr...(that's an aggrivation grr...not a 'look everybody, i'm a tiger' grr.)

She told me several times she didn't know you. Whats up with that?

It appears as though our host made some changes in the middle of the night. They have always displayed ads to guests or members that weren't signed in. That's how they make their money and provide us this place for free.

I went into the Administration panel and was able to find where to turn them off again for members. Pretty shifty of them actually but oh well, it should be back to normal.

There are a lot of pros and cons with having the forum hosted like we do and the host having ultimate control is one of the big cons.

If they do end up forcing ads on us we can always pay to have them removed. I guess that will be a problem we can all discuss if it arrives.

I still see them.

I was greeted with a "Find out who has a crush on you" banner with a picture of Justin Bieber. :lol:

Natch":8s3s8opy said:
Yes, and I've logged in and out to re-set. Oh, Jack, it's me, I'm the one with the crush on you! :lol: There, I've said it, the world now knows...

Natch
ha! i was always suspicious that you might be justin bieber. your songs are gay. :D

OK so I did some more looking into it. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what's going on from our host. From what I can tell this shouldn't be permanent, if it is I will pay to have them removed.

I do know that there are many forums hosted with our provider and everyone is pissed about it. Lots of griping going on in their support forum. Hopefully that will let them know this isn't an acceptable option from their users stand point.

Oh I forgot. Apparently I can only turn off the ads from Administrators and Moderators. The general members still see them. Please be patient and I'll see if I can get rid of them as soon as possible.

no worries jason! i just wish i could help eminem remember his song lyrics. apparently he'll give me a prize. :D

Still seeing them !!!!!!
"Shoot don't Talk"
AHHHHHHHHH,
J you are right about removing them from the moderators because Carlos says he don't see em' no more!!!
ohhhhhhhh " no don't shoot"
Dang Hits = 2!