What's with the ads?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, got back home and here they are!!!!!!...again!
Dover you bugger!!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

some of the ads have music too. made me jump out of my seat. (damn kids got the speakers turned up to 10!)

Falconer":dek8rohb said:
I'll bet Dover's behind all this advertising thing. He's found a way to profit off it and now it's unstoppable. I can tell by the look on his face. 8)
Piet Binsbergen":dek8rohb said:
If I was behind this, I'd pick better ads. I prefer the ATF school of thought....
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms!!! :p
Not Justin Bieber has a crush on Valky ads....or is it the other way around :scratch: :D ;)

I went to the No-Script site &, on different visits to it, clicked on two ways it was offered as a download.

Both times it froze and the status bar said STOPPED.

?

:face:

Alright, I got tired of waiting to hear a response from the host provider so I paid to disable all ads on the site. When we finally get an answer I'll update everyone. This really seems like a crap move on their part. No warning and still no explanation.

jhuggett":k1i1gtax said:
Alright, I got tired of waiting to hear a response from the host provider so I paid to disable all ads on the site. When we finally get an answer I'll update everyone. This really seems like a crap move on their part. No warning and still no explanation.
Jason,
What did they extort er uh, I mean, charge you?
I am willing to kick in some shekels to help defray the costs. You shouldn't have to pay for this! :x :x :x
Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Sean

Thanks for the offer but it's not much. I think the total cost for the site will only be about 50 bucks a year. I just don't like it because I can get yearly hosting packages for that or less and I have total control then.

DoverPipes":v1zu3dtt said:
Falconer":v1zu3dtt said:
I'll bet Dover's behind all this advertising thing. He's found a way to profit off it and now it's unstoppable. I can tell by the look on his face. 8)
Piet Binsbergen":v1zu3dtt said:
If I was behind this, I'd pick better ads. I prefer the ATF school of thought....
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms!!! :p
Not Justin Bieber has a crush on Valky ads....or is it the other way around :scratch: :D ;)
Yea sorry Dover, I should have figured that! :lol!: :lol!:

Hey Jason, thanks so much for that. It does seem to be really poor customer service on behalf of the host provider. I bet all their other clients are also up in arms.

AS ALWAYS, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING JASON!!!!
YOU ARE SALUTED BRO!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

thanks jason. as with everyone else, am willing to chip in. man, now that the ads are gone, i'm realizing how doubly annoying they were!

Weren't you waiting for the ad with the lewd and deviant squirrels for sale?

bluedigital":phvhsp63 said:
Hey Jason, thanks so much for that. It does seem to be really poor customer service on behalf of the host provider. I bet all their other clients are also up in arms.
In their support forum moderators couldn't keep up with all the new threads about how pissed people were. The main one is about 15 pages long but there has to be about 40 other posts about it.

The head guy FINALLY posted something. He put back the option to have it guests only about five hours after I purchased the ad free option. I was quite pissed at first but then I decided I like not having ads at all.

Many people are telling him that if they need money they don't mind paying BUT if they do they want direct database access. If that happens I could actually move the site and we could do whatever we want. Might consider that.

Jason, thank you so much, my brother!!!

As for moving... I've pretty well always been of the opinion that when the landlord becomes too much of a pain in the butt, the time to move is marked by when I have the available funds to make such a move!! Just my thoughts!!!!

Again, thank you, brother!!!!

Robert

jhuggett":ynh7eb45 said:
Many people are telling him that if they need money they don't mind paying BUT if they do they want direct database access. If that happens I could actually move the site and we could do whatever we want. Might consider that.
Rand / Dollar rate is good for hosting down here in Sunny SA, just saying :D

Jason, thanks for getting rid of them, they weren't a lot of bother but nice not to have them.