What's wrong with this picture?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
probably smokes great. the best smoking Dunhill I ever had was a cripple.

Dude, I saw that!!

The graft seems to be Dunhill as well, but the blast and the color makes me think it came from an entirely different pipe. Pretty handy work though. Wonder if it´s pinned or just glued? Glue might not withstand the heat and snap....

If they used Elmer's and a clamp, the connection is probably tougher than the rest of the shank now.

I just thought I was seeing things, because that graft job looks like it was done with surgical precision!

What about the bowl? There's a big section of the bowl that broke away and was re-glued back on again.

That pipe is made of more parts than Frankenstein.

What's really wrong with this picture is that there are nine bids on the thing.

ZuluCollector":ldbrehfk said:
[…] That pipe is made of more parts than Frankenstein.
This is possibly the relatively unknown and extremely rare "Mary Shelley - Special Edition Dunhill". It could be a bargain!

Schacht":ksq3wku6 said:
This is possibly the relatively unknown and extremely rare "Mary Shelley - Special Edition Dunhill". It could be a bargain!

:lol!:

Question: How many of you believe that a purchase price of over $45 for what is clearly a hack job (okay, a pretty clever hack job, but a hack job nonetheless) could ONLY happen when the label on the pipe says "Dunhill?"

ruta2":osav622s said:
[…][this] could ONLY happen when the label on the pipe says "Dunhill?"
I think you´re clearly wrong! This could happen without difficulty if the seller would claim, that this is exactly the original pipe that Lady Gaga smoked in her "Alejandro"-Video.

Zeno Marx":osav622s said:
One of the best Dunhills I ever saw, was actually slightly but noticeable twisted. But we should perhaps be carful claiming things like that, otherwise the price for imperfect Dunnhill pipes could raise.

Schacht":ekicxox9 said:
Zeno Marx":ekicxox9 said:
One of the best Dunhills I ever saw, was actually slightly but noticeable twisted. But we should perhaps be carful claiming things like that, otherwise the price for imperfect Dunnhill pipes could raise.
I own two that are in that category. A 1960 Tanshell Liverpool which is twisted down the shank, and a 1987 Tanshell Billiard which is lopsided and misdrilled!! I almost like them just for that, as those kind of inconsistencies are rare for Dunhills. I don´t plan on selling either because they are superb smokers.