What's your favorite beer?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BeersAndBriars":ko1nn331 said:
Most of them put out a range of beers including stouts, porters and other darker ales.

Alesmith makes a phenomenal imperial stout, Speedway Stout.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/396/3833

Green Flash - also puts out an excellent stout (two actually).
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2743/41626

Lagunitas - http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/1373

And one of my favorite stouts is from Great Divide - the yeti!
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/158/12013

In LA you have not too many breweries, but there is The Bruery (Placentia). They mostly do Belgian style and sour ales. Top Shelf stuff.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

My absolute favorite beer is Guinness. I can't put the rest in any particular order so I'll just separate them into categories.

Fall seasonal beers: Pumking, Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Great Pumpkin Ale
Ale: Thomas Hooker Irish Style Red Ale, Hobgoblin Traditional English Ale, Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale
Porter: The Famous Taddy Porter, Old Engine Oil, Tom Paine Original Old Porter
Lager: Yuengling, Budweiser's Budvar Czech Dark Lager

All in all I don't have much patience for beer - I can't drink the same beer all the time. I need a lot of variety.
Oh the things college has taught me...

whiskeywillow":z2b6pmv0 said:
My absolute favorite beer is Guinness. I can't put the rest in any particular order so I'll just separate them into categories.

Fall seasonal beers: Pumking, Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Great Pumpkin Ale
Ale: Thomas Hooker Irish Style Red Ale, Hobgoblin Traditional English Ale, Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale
Porter: The Famous Taddy Porter, Old Engine Oil, Tom Paine Original Old Porter
Lager: Yuengling, Budweiser's Budvar Czech Dark Lager

All in all I don't have much patience for beer - I can't drink the same beer all the time. I need a lot of variety.
Oh the things college has taught me...
That's an impressive list. Pumking is especially awesome. At the beer store I work at we went through 5 kegs of that in record time this release. And sold every bottle we could get our hands on as well. Something we discovered, it blends amazingly well with stouts. 50:50 with an imperial or big chocolate stout is delish!

BeersAndBriars":eu3lmd2k said:
That's an impressive list. Pumking is especially awesome. At the beer store I work at we went through 5 kegs of that in record time this release. And sold every bottle we could get our hands on as well. Something we discovered, it blends amazingly well with stouts. 50:50 with an imperial or big chocolate stout is delish!
That does sound delicious! I'm going to try that next time I get a chance, thanks!

The Victory brewery is walking distance from my house. I've grown rather fond of many of their beers :face:

In the store, I usually look for boddingtons or smithwicks. One of my wife's professors from college makes his own beer, as does another couple we are friends with. Somewhat surprisingly to me, I would say that their homebrew stuff is as good or better than the majority of commercially available stuff I have tried. I'm thinking about doin some research and maybe tryin to grow some hops in our backyard come springtime.

I like some Highland brews, Black Mocha Stout in particular.

The BiLo grocery stores here will put New Belgium on sale for $7/ sixpack, and I really like their stuff. 1554 is great, their Ranger IPA is great, and I like their seasonals, though Fat Tire didn't do it for me--it seemed a bit mild in flavor. Just for the sheer value of them, I usually have their brews.

I am not much experienced in upper-tier micro-brews, though, mainly lower- and mid-tier.

Oh, man...

Guinness, Belhaven Scottish Ale, Twisted Thistle, Hobgoblin, Founders Breakfast Stout!

Frost":tl1726fb said:
The Victory brewery is walking distance from my house. I've grown rather fond of many of their beers :face:
Good god man, I can't tell you how many nights I spent at Victory when I lived back east. I grew up in Unionville and went to college in Malvern. Then of course there is McKenzies, right off of 30 in Frazer (and 202 in DE). They usually have some pretty good seasonals.

Victory Golden Monkey is my hands down favorite beer. Just can't get the stuff out here in Oklahoma. Usually bring back a few cases when I'm in the area over breaks and all. In contrast, we have more Fat Tire out here than I know what to do with, can't get it east of the Mississippi.

What a small world is all I can say.

I discover a great beer when I was visiting Fisherman Pier at San Francisco, it was a belgian beer called Chimay (the red one). It is a great red ale. Too bad I can not find it here and beer is just too heavy to order by mail.

Like a few others have posted I don't have any favorites, but I really enjoy trying new beers, especially regional micro brews on tap. The two best beers I've ever had in my 40+ years of sampling were Pony Express's Pale Ale from Olathe, KS (no longer in business) and Thomas Creek Red from Greenville, SC (still available). To me these beers had the best balance and presence of hops and barley malts.

When I'm out to a pub with no new brews available, I usually drink Smitticks (Smithwicks), Guiness or Harp.

Jim

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Franziskaner Hefe-Weiss
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Schneider Weisse Aventinus Wheat-Dopplebock
Old Rasputin Imperial Stout

NeroWolfe":ba3nbucr said:
Shiner Bock for me (a good Texas "Czech" beer!!!!!!!!)....
Shiner makes awesome stuff. No tailgating party is complete without it! Try their hefewiezen, its my personal favorite.

I think beer is just one of my favorite things.
More than anything though, I drink Guinness. So maybe that's my favorite...