What's your favorite beer?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so little to produce and so much to promote. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces an isipidness you will find in no other beer at any price ... except in Bud Light.

pipemaker":xat32i0l said:
This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so little to produce and so much to promote. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces an isipidness you will find in no other beer at any price ... except in Bud Light.
:cheers:

I love the Rolling Rock motto... "We tender this premium beer for your enjoyment, as a tribute to your good taste." In other words, good move buying our cheap beer, you clever handsome devil you.

After a good few longnecks of Widmer Brothers, I've got to add another to my favorites. Drifter Pale Ale. It has a nice hop presence with just the right amount of citrus to lend itself to the beer rather than overpower it. Grab some when you get the chance guys, you won't be disappointed... And if you are you can just send me the rest :lol:

That's a tough one. There's so much good beer out there.

If I had to pick one favorite, it would be Okocim Porter, from Poland. Contrary to popular sentiment, I've never been of the opinion that beer travels very well, and for me to be willing to drink an import from halfway around the world is a testament to how much I regard this brand. However, the bottles are a little large for my taste, and the price is a little high. I only drink it on special occasions.

Another import that hasn't failed me yet (and comes in more manageable bottles) is Troublette, from the Brasserie Caracole, in Belgium. Troublette is a witbier, I think.

My favorite at-home beer is canned (not bottled) Sapporo. The stuff I drink here in Washington is brewed in Ontario, so it's not like it's flying across the Pacific Ocean to reach me.

When I'm at a bar, I'll go with the amber or red ale on tap, as long as it's not Mac and Jack's or Men's Room Red. I'm not sure what it's currently like elsewhere, but around here, it's hard to find a bar that will carry even one each of an amber, a porter, and a stout, while it's equally hard to find a bar that will have anything less than three IPAs on tap.

I'll put a word in for the Trader Joe's Vintage Ale, but the results are different every year. The 2009 and 2010 were both good, I thought, reminiscent of Okocim Porter. Who knows what 2011 will be like?

Standard drink, at home: Yuenglings Premium Light (the best light beer I've ever had). I buy 3-4 cases at a time when I travel thru PA

Bar/Restaurant - Yuenglings Lager or Sam Adams Boston Lager (Draft preferred)

Treat: Yuenglings Dark Porter or Lancaster Milk Stout

I can't stand any beer with fruit introduced, IPA's or pale ales.

My daughter lives in New Orleans. While there, I acquired a taste for the aforementioned Arbita Amber (very similar to Yuenglings Lager). I had one bottle (32 oz) of the Turbo Dog, powerful stuff!

So many great beers out there... But here's a few regulars of mine that I'm surprised haven't been mentioned

San Diego has many great breweries but two of particular note are

Stone
8aebcaee.jpg

And Ballast Point. I like Yellow Tail a lot
79ea1679.jpg

Two awesome ales from Colorado
77c45354.jpg

77ae63ec.jpg

And whenever I feel like I need to celebrate, I pick up a six pack of this... It was my late father's favorite beer for years.
654fa876.jpg

Being a huge IPA fan....the beer that all other IPA's should be judged against imo is Dogfishhead 90 minute ale witha Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye a very close second. Having said that I just love beer in general....unfortunately my gut does not.

What's my favorite beer?

Free, of course!!

I like the dark stuff. If you pour it into a glass and people mistakenly believe you are drinking cola, that's about right for me. My go-to beer of late has been Shiner Black, made in the big city of Shiner, TX. Second to that is Third Stone Brown from Empyrian Ales in Lincoln, NE. Both are pretty traditional dark beers without quite as much heaviness or alc. as Guinness Extra Stout.

About the only beers I can't stand are those with sweeteners/citrus/honey crap in them. I also have never found a wheat beer that I can tolerate. They're just wrong. I figure if God wanted us to make beer out of wheat, He would have made wheat out of barley.

Boxerbuddy":140smykr said:
Being a huge IPA fan....the beer that all other IPA's should be judged against imo is Dogfishhead 90 minute ale witha Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye a very close second. Having said that I just love beer in general....unfortunately my gut does not.
Dogfishhead makes REALLY GOOD STUFF... I'm not an IPA fan, though.

My stomach also dislikes beer. Once in a while, my tongue tells it to shut the hell up. :lol: :)

Dogfish Head 90 min. is a great one or anything from Stone Brewery, Victory or Founders.

Lately: TurboDog and Jockamo IPA from Abita. Can't stand their "Purple Haze" though.

I'm pretty basic as to beer preference: Yuengling Traditional Lager...yum, especially as a draught.

Being a professional brewmaster I´ll have to say that my favorites are my own :lol:

I´ve worked in the states. Worked at Russian River in Santa Rosa Ca before being hired to start and head a new craft brewery in Reykjavík Iceland two and a half years ago. I can´t post an external link because I´m a new member, but my profile has a link to my brewery website if anybody is interested (it´s only in Icelandic, sorry)

So if any of you guys find yourselves in Iceland, PM me and I´ll give you a tour and tasting at my brewery :D

Other beers you guys might know that I love are:

Anything from Russian River but especially the sours :heart: , Lagunitas, Bear republic, Weyerbacher, Victory, Dogfishhead, Belgian Trappists, especially Orval, St. Bernardus etc etc etc

Cheers