What's your preference? Round or Square?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakebound

Reaction score
I prefer tinned tobacco. Specifically, I really like flake tobacco and getting more specific than that, I like Peterson flakes.

I'm preferable to square tins and was sort of disappointed with Peterson moving away from the squares on the University and Irish line.

Take the poll, what do you prefer if you "had to make a choice?"

I agree with the flake presentation thing, but ime, round tins hold their seals better.

Good poll Frank. My choice was purely down to sentimental / nostalgic reasons.

I prefer round, when I buy tins. I have been doing more bulk recently. When I do buy tins I usually end up not even opening them, I don't know why lol.

Round. Screw type, so I can get some semblance of a seal. Even the round, "tupperware" style, like GLPease, McClelland, etc are preferred over the square. Again, because I feel the seal is better than nothing. That's days of old though. I've been transferring tins into jars right from the seal popping for many years now.

I prefer rectangle & square for flakes (why waste the space?), and I prefer flakes, hence my vote. I would say the same for plugs & crumble cakes. For the various 'rubbed out' blends, it doesn't really matter to me.

I too prefer flakes, and the square/rectangular tins strike me as more aesthetically pleasing.

Homage to MC Hammer...

I like square tins and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
When a square tin opens with an itty bitty pop
And aroma in your face
You get sprung
Wanna pull up tough
Cuz you notice that tin was stuffed
Deep with that flake, no joking
I'm hooked and I can't stop smoking.

:santa: :santa: :santa:

Blackhorse":sx64a7l2 said:
Homage to MC Hammer...

And aroma in your face
You get sprung
Wanna pull up tough

...can't touch this...

;)

Count me as a fan of the square tins as well. I really liked the older Peterson small squares tins the best for the flakes. Much like food I think it has something to do with the presentation of the flakes that is appealing.

Blackhorse":0zxhtth8 said:
Homage to MC Hammer...

And aroma in your face
You get sprung
Wanna pull up tough

Sir Horse a lot?

I voted for round tins. Because I use the tins to hold small screws, components and such when I’m working on some electrical projects. But I really not see how a square or round tin could affect the flavor of the tobacco. As long as the tobacco is good I don’t care if the tin is triangle shaped.