Who Has to Smoke Outside?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm reading this sitting my on my porch where I also smoke. No smoke inside my house and I'm ok with that. Nothing like a thick smoking jacket a warm pipe and the crunch of snow under your feet (grew up in the North).

Here's a funny story:
One night my friends and I gathered together in Colorado, during winter, for a game of Risk in the Garage. My neighbor kindly brought over his space heater and we had the garage so warm we were comfortable in short sleeved shirts. We were probably out there smoking 3hours or better (as any good Risk game goes) and it wasn't until about the 3rd hour that I figured out why my lighter wasn't working.

Anyone ahead of me on this? 1. Colorado = not enough oxygen to begin with. 2 Space heater = using up all the oxygen we need to live. When the game was over we opened up the garage, sucked up some clean fresh air and immediately felt very sick. Two of the three of us had gotten carbon monoxide poisoning and the third...guess he had an iron lung or something. He said he felt fine.

Note to self: If your lighter quits working because it's out of oxygen, then it's probably time to open up the garage door to a little cold fresh air!

Growley":e0xxp4oz said:
it wasn't until about the 3rd hour that I figured out why my lighter wasn't working.

Anyone ahead of me on this? 1. Colorado = not enough oxygen to begin with. 2 Space heater = using up all the oxygen we need to live. When the game was over we opened up the garage, sucked up some clean fresh air and immediately felt very sick.
At least your friend learned he had a well-built garage! Glad to know everyone came out ok

Sorry bud, your story is a sad one to me. A guy should not have to nearly keel over from lack of oxygen in order to enjoy a pipe. Alaska and Colorado are great places to live but a pipe should be enjoyed in the relaxation of a warm and comfortable environment. You, my friend, are definitely in need of a man cave. Second hand smoke is mitigated with an exhaust fan, an air purifier or sweet smelling candles. If you win the bread, pay the bills and support a home you are entitled to enjoy the comforts. Respect for the wishes of another is a two way street. There are times when it is important for a man to assert himself. The simple pleasure of your pipe is one of them.

I actually prefer to smoke outside on the patio. The weather here in SoCal is generally nice enough to do this all year. When it does get cooler, I use a propane heater that keeps me warm and toasty until I finish my pipe.

Phil

I live in a relatives house right now until I graduate from College so I be on my best behavior. Living in NYC I want a smoke cave... but space is at a premium. We'll see :roll:

Growley

I am glad you and your buds were able to walk out of that garage. I think the pipe world is better for that. Thats a bit of a scary situation. So who one the game? :lol!:

That would be the way I want to go, in a cloud of my own pipe smoke lol. :cheers:
Glad you guys were all ok.
Just got moved into a new house but landlord said no smoking inside.

I love to smoke outside.

I have a very nice porch on which i have a very confortable chair that i use for my puffing

:)