WTF (penzance rant)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good information D&B, thanks for passing it along.

monbla256":binfpeg3 said:
MisterE":binfpeg3 said:
On another note, I think a lot of these cherished blends get a lot better in death than they were in life. Not being able to get it anymore makes the heart grow fonder. Penzance is way overrated so far as Lat flakes go. FVF also isn't quite as amazing as the shortage led everyone to believe on the boards a few years back. IMO, naturally.
I think THIS nails it Mister E, :twisted: :twisted: And as far as McC's 'baccy, I would NOT pay Germain's nor Gaweth's prices even for McC's baccy! JMO :twisted: :twisted:
I, too agree with it probably being better remembered in death/unavailability than it is when smoking it.

I was curious about what you've do without your beloved GInnyweed. What tobacco would you smoke if it were gone? BTW, SG boxes are nearly as cheap as bulk McClelland ($3.50/oz at SP).

DrumsAndBeer":binfpeg3 said:
Anyone truly interested in the real scoop behind the JF Germain "unobtainum" phenomena should check out this week's Pipe Magazine Radio podcast interview with Premal Chheda of Smoker's Haven. All his house mixtures are blended by Germain, and even though they've upped production slightly each year, they are still unable to meet demand for their products and they refuse to cut corners in order to do so.

I now have a greater appreciation for Germain's craft and Premal seems like a really cool guy. If you appreciate your Esoterica's, I say get them when you can, savor them, and rest assured that nothing was spared in production, time nor labor.
I've read from those in the know that Premal is one of the most important facilitators and enablers of the American pipe carving community.

DrumsAndBeer":ykp22ubh said:
Anyone truly interested in the real scoop behind the JF Germain "unobtainum" phenomena should check out this week's Pipe Magazine Radio podcast interview with Premal Chheda of Smoker's Haven. All his house mixtures are blended by Germain, and even though they've upped production slightly each year, they are still unable to meet demand for their products and they refuse to cut corners in order to do so.

I now have a greater appreciation for Germain's craft and Premal seems like a really cool guy. If you appreciate your Esoterica's, I say get them when you can, savor them, and rest assured that nothing was spared in production, time nor labor.

Pffffffffffffft, just do what do, grow an Esoterica Tobacco tree.....

Guyrox":x3ibzkpu said:
Richard Burley":x3ibzkpu said:
How about a Ramsgate rant? I have an 8 oz. bag purchased recently that I detest. Two or three bowlfuls missing. Free, or almost. Send me five bucks for shipping, or even less. I just don't care. CONUS only. First PM, etc. I'll get back to you sometime this month.
You find it that bad? I have an unopened bag.
Yes, and I figured there was absolutely no way I would spend time trying to like it when I could be smoking something good. I almost tossed it. To me, it's Paladin Black Cherry bad.

The substance in question has been spoken for, by the way.

That's a bold statement Mr. B. Paladin Black Cherry is probably the worst thing I ever put in a pipe. Horrible stuff, yet they still make it.

Fatman":2nb5k306 said:
I wish I had the soil condition for it. Only someone in command of reindeer and Keebler elves could possibly grow such a tree. ;)

DrumsAndBeer":5732pccd said:
Fatman":5732pccd said:
I wish I had the soil condition for it. Only someone in command of reindeer and Keebler elves could possibly grow such a tree. ;)  
Well, maybe if you behave Santa will drop off some ;) Although the Fatman, is not as fat these days...

This is last year, and I have lost 20 more pounds.

Svelte Santa serenely showcases stunningly stylish seasonal suit. :santa:

Thomas Tkach":25qkvujx said:
Guyrox":25qkvujx said:
Richard Burley":25qkvujx said:
How about a Ramsgate rant? I have an 8 oz. bag purchased recently that I detest. Two or three bowlfuls missing. Free, or almost. Send me five bucks for shipping, or even less. I just don't care. CONUS only. First PM, etc. I'll get back to you sometime this month.
You find it that bad? I have an unopened bag.
It sounds right up my alley. I love McClelland 2035 which is dark-stoved as well as GH&CO BF Scented, which has a licorice, maple, tonquin topping. If I am the lucky winner of the PM contest I can shoot you a sample so you can try it before opening your bag.
Tom, that is very generous of you. I accept with great pleasure, if it goes your way. Just send me a PM, mate.

Fatman":d4hz8ww3 said:
DrumsAndBeer":d4hz8ww3 said:
Fatman":d4hz8ww3 said:
Well, maybe if you behave Santa will drop off some ;) Although the Fatman, is not as fat these days...

This is last year, and I have lost 20 more pounds.

False advertising!

I did manage to get my hands on some. It was gifted upon me by a thoughtful brother.

Santa time already????

What time is it?

Good Grief!

Never thought of growing a tree of tobacco. Maybe I just don't have the patience.....

As far as tasting Esoterica's blends, I suppose when the wind favours me it will become available. Till then, I'll happily take you(r) gentlemen's words as Gospel.......

If you like really English or Balkan blends, it's worth trying. If you don't like them a lot, it's probably not for you.

RobJ":3tm81vj4 said:
That's a bold statement Mr. B. Paladin Black Cherry is probably the worst thing I ever put in a pipe. Horrible stuff, yet they still make it.
Hear!! Hear!! Gawdawfullstuff!!! :evil: :twisted: FTRPLT